• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPC Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPC Fine

Hi, both me and my wife got sent a fine for over stay in a retail car park, albeit we have receipts and were shopping then eating at a on site restaurant.

I read a previous claim in which someone had experienced a similar fine and was advised to go back to the company stating S9 schedule 4 as the ticket had not been served within the guidelines under the time frame. It is claimed that the offences took place early Nov 17, and we only received the notices last week at the end of Jan.

We therefore sent the company a letter to state we didn't accept the fine as these where not complaint with the above Protection of Fredom act 2012, also responding as registered keepers not by name.

We today received a letter back stating that are point had been noted & considered. But asked for us to forward the full details of the driver at the time of incurred charge, so records can be updated accordingly, again stating the notice would be placed on hold for 14 days to allow for us to provide this information.

How should we respond back now?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

You do nothing, there is no legal requirement to identify the driver. They are hoping you will give the drivers name in the hope that the appeal will go forward but is just means that the do not have to rely on POFA any more to recover the money. They realise that they are on a hiding to nothing and trying to fool you into giving out info.

This is not a fine, it is purely a speculative invoice.

If you continue getting hassle go back to the restaurant and ask them to contact the company and order them to cancel. If the restaurant refuse then Facebook can be very persuasive.

Comment

Thanks for the advise, I thought this was the case and these were just trying to identify the driver!

Thanks for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X