• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye - Invalid Notice to Keeper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye - Invalid Notice to Keeper

Advice needed please - my son parked in a Holiday Inn hotel Car park whilst attending a meeting there on 12th December and has now received a notice to keeper from Parking a Eye dated 19th January saying 29 days has elapsed from the date of the Parking Charge however, he never received a parking charge. This notice to keeper dated 19th January is the first correspondence he’s had and the first he knew of it and it’s saying £100 is to be paid with 14 days. Is it true that he has to pay this by 2nd February? The notice to keeper has the ‘date of event’ stated as 12 December at 15.32 however it does not say what period he was parked for or by how long he overstayed if there was a time limit. Just really need advice as to whether this is enforceable and he should just pay or whether he has any grounds for, or should, appeal. Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi, welcome to LB.

It is unlike P/E to send out non-compliant Notices. ( But not completely unheard of).
    Could you post up the NtK, front & rear, obscure personal details but leave times/dates visible.
    & pics of site signage if possible.

Btw, have you tried approaching the Holiday Inn management?
    They do sometimes intercede.

Do not ID the driver in any communications....& best edit the above post. ("The driver parked....etc)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

PE do occasionally fluff the sending of NTKs and the NTK usually reflects this. Does the back of the PCN make any mention of Protection of Freedoms Act and keeper liability?

But, as charity says, post up so it can be looked at.

Comment

Thank you for your fast replies. I cannot upload photos of the NTK as the files are too big and I’ve no idea how to make them smaller. I will be going there this afternoon with my son to see where he parked and take photos etc.

Comment

Originally posted by taywoogolf View Post
          Thank you for your fast replies. I cannot upload photos of the NTK as the files are too big and I’ve no idea how to make them smaller. .
          Kati can help with this

I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is kati@legalbeagles.info
          But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.
          Could you supply front & rear copies?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X