• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Required in Relation to Indigo Parking & ZZPS Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice Required in Relation to Indigo Parking & ZZPS Please

Further to my two previous replies, I have now ascertained from my partner that the appeal form asked if she was the driver.

She also tells me she attached photographs to the appeal to justify why she was appealing.

Kind regards,

TK
    Last edited by TK; 28th March 2018, 08:13:AM.

Comment

Yep, that makes it difficult. But the stance now is that she appealed and she did not hear from them within 35 days and therefore is is assumed to be accepted, They had her address, they've sent previous correspondence there.

Comment

Could you post up pics of site signage relevant to parking T&Cs? (particularly in the vicinity of where the alleged contravention occurred).
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          Yep, that makes it difficult. But the stance now is that she appealed and she did not hear from them within 35 days and therefore is is assumed to be accepted, They had her address, they've sent previous correspondence there.
          Hi Ostell,

Ah, I see. I am sure she did it simply because she is a very honest woman and was outraged that she got the ticket when it is an area that is used for parking all of the time. I am told that she has never seen another car parked there with a ticket on it; I think she has been observing as she passes by. I do know she has told Facilities that there should be more staff spaces especially as parking is taken from her salary each month. I know none of this is going to help get this ticket sorted though.

Please confirm; are you advising that she should reply to ZZPS stating that she appealed and did not hear from Indigo within 35 days so assumed the appeal was accepted? In another reply CharityNJW advised that they are debt collectors so their correspondence can be ignored hence my request for clarification.

Kind regards,

TK

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            Could you post up pics of site signage relevant to parking T&Cs? (particularly in the vicinity of where the alleged contravention occurred).
            Hi CharityNJW,

I have asked my partner to find and photograph the nearby signage tomorrow. I’ll upload it tomorrow night when she gets home.

Kind regards,

TK

Comment

You can tell the PPC, and copy ZZPS, that the appeal was assumed accepted because of the lack of response within 35 days and you do not expect to hear from them again. Continued action will be taken as harassment.

Comment

Anything which you send is likely to fall on deaf ears (imho, all they are interested in is making money, & upholding appeals is simply not in their collective interests).

That said, there is no harm in sending your stated opinion. (Get proof of sending).

Just try not to be tricked into further 'letter tennis' communication.
                & on no account contact them or speak to them via 'phone.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Here's the relevant bit from the BPA Code of Practise,

14.6 If you receive a challenge or appeal about the issue of aparking charge, you must stop work on processing thecharge immediately until you have answered the challenge.You must acknowledge or reply to the challenge within 14days of receiving it. If you only acknowledged the challenge orappeal you must accept or reject the challenge or appeal inwriting within 35 days of receiving it. We may require you todemonstrate that you are keeping to these targets.

Turn things round on them and point out that in the Beavis case at the court of appeal it was found that the CoP, though not a legal document, was considered by the lordships to be a mandatory requirement in parking cases.

Comment

Hi CharityNJW and Ostell,

Thank you again for the latest replies. May I please clarify if the response to Indigo copying in ZZPS can be by email or should my partner write a letter to them both?

My partner is going to photograph the notices today; please advise if you would still like me to post them here.

Would it it be acceptable for me to post the response we prepare for Indigo and ZZPS here for your thoughts on its suitability please?

Kind regards,

TK

Comment

Post it up here for critique. You could use email if you have email addresses for both..

Comment

Good morning, my apologies for the delayed reply but we have had a bereavement.

Would you please comment on the suitability of this response to Indigo and ZZPS -

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write in reference to (insert ticket reference)

As stated within previous correspondence, I reiterate that I did not receive any reply to my appeal. Due to the lack of response within 35 days I the appeal was assumed to be accepted.

I note that the BPA Code of Practice contains the following section -

14.6 If you receive a challenge or appeal about the issue of aparking charge, you must stop work on processing the charge immediately until you have answered the challenge. You must acknowledge or reply to the challenge within 14 days of receiving it. If you only acknowledged the challenge or appeal you must accept or reject the challenge or appeal in writing within 35 days of receiving it. We may require you to demonstrate that you are keeping to these targets.

I would also point out that in the Beavis case at the court of appeal it was found that the Code of Practice, though not a legal document, was considered by the Lordships to be a mandatory requirement in parking cases.

This is my final interaction on the topic and I do not expect the hear from you again. Any continued action will be taken as harassment.

Yours etc...

There has been no further contact from ZZPS so I am considering holding back on sending the above rather than offer the opportunity to them to re-engage the topic. Should they make contact again I have the reply in reserve. Does this seem the right approach please?

Kind regards,

TK

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	56311326-93BE-42F8-9BCF-0AD2BA7B7AFE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	1386275Click image for larger version

Name:	A117C433-2745-4C2B-96A9-CC82C593C3C5.jpeg
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1386274 Please see attached photographs of both the sign and the area the car was parked in. The sign is in the grassed area in front of some staff accommodation. The photograph with the cars in it was taken from the road level with the sign. Click image for larger version

Name:	A1BED653-1B06-4F44-A094-E61BA293F6E0.jpeg
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1386273

Comment

Originally posted by TK View Post
                            Good morning, my apologies for the delayed reply but we have had a bereavement.

Would you please comment on the suitability of this response to Indigo and ZZPS -

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write in reference to (insert ticket reference)

As stated within previous correspondence, I reiterate that I did not receive any reply to my appeal. Due to the lack of response within 35 days I the appeal was assumed to be accepted.

I note that the BPA Code of Practice contains the following section -

14.6 If you receive a challenge or appeal about the issue of a parking charge, you must stop work on processing the charge immediately until you have answered the challenge. You must acknowledge or reply to the challenge within 14 days of receiving it. If you only acknowledged the challenge or appeal you must accept or reject the challenge or appeal in writing within 35 days of receiving it. We may require you to demonstrate that you are keeping to these targets.

I would also point out that in the Beavis case at the court of appeal it was found that the Code of Practice, though not a legal document, was considered by the Lordships to be a mandatory requirement in parking cases.

This is my final interaction on the topic and I do not expect the hear from you again. Any continued action will be taken as harassment.

Yours etc...

There has been no further contact from ZZPS so I am considering holding back on sending the above rather than offer the opportunity to them to re-engage the topic. Should they make contact again I have the reply in reserve. Does this seem the right approach please?

Kind regards,

TK
                            I would send it with the above highlighting.

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for your reply and suggestions CharityNJW.

May I please clarify it you think my partner should send the reply at this time or only if she hears from them again? The last correspondence from them was on 29th November which my partner has not replied to.

Best wishes,

TK

Comment

Send that letter off

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X