• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Exeter Road Car Park Braunton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exeter Road Car Park Braunton

Hi, I went to Braunton on holiday in October and my family used Exeter Road car park. I was then horrified to receive a fine from Premier park for £100 in the post £60 if i pay early when I returned home from my holiday. The signage is completely inadequate in this car park at night time. They have refused my appeal against the ticket. What is the likelihood of me being able to successfully appeal this at Popla? I don't have photo evidence as I don't live anywhere near the car park. Can anyone advise?
    Last edited by poppop; 19th December 2017, 22:04:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Exeter Road Car Park Braunton

So we have even less to see to be able to make good judgement,

So who is the parking company? What is the alleged breach? How long after parking did you get the ticket? Has the driver been identified (simple yes of no)? Can you post up the PCN you received in the post.? And details of your appeal.

Oh, and can you edit your post so that the driver cannot be inferred.

Comment

OK so here's the car park? I would say that there are insufficient signs. to make the driver aware of the parking requirements.

Comment

Yes that's the car park. Premier park issued the ticket and have photos of car that was in the car park for 21 minutes. When i appealed they asked me to name the driver and then reissued the fine which was sent in the post. I have just received this email: thank you for your appeal against the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN). We have carefully considered your appeal, however on this occasion the appeal has been rejected for the following reason;

No record of a payment or permit could be found for the vehicle registration.

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure and therefore you now have two options...

If the driver is named is it a lost cause?

Comment

Have you named the driver, yes or no ?

If the driver has been identified, and is different from the keeper, then they have no cause to continue against the keeper. Ther is no obligation to name the driver, it makes life easier if the driver is not named.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            Have you named the driver, yes or no ?

If the driver has been identified, and is different from the keeper, then they have no cause to continue against the keeper. Ther is no obligation to name the driver, it makes life easier if the driver is not named.
            The driver has been named on Premier Park's website because it's different to the keeper of the vehicle and the keeper didn't want to pay the fine.

Comment

That's a shame the driver was named but you, as the keeper, have no further liability. In this instance Schedule 4 of POFA paragraph 5 (1) (b) no longer applies and the parking company have lost the right to claim from the keeper.

Now, are you asking us to help the named driver? Don't identify the driver on here.

Comment

Yes that is correct, I'm asking for help on how the named driver can appeal this with POPLA

Comment

Is the original purchased ticket available?

Comment

No the original ticket is not available unfortunately so the driver has no proof of purchase. There is seriously inadequate lighting in this car park which has been a complaint of many other people in this forum so it's very difficult to see the parking restrictions. what is the best route to take when appealing to popla?

Comment

So the appeal will be inadequate signage, non illuminated signage and the parking company's contract to be on the land,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X