• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I be forced to pay PCN's out of my ESA benefit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I be forced to pay PCN's out of my ESA benefit

Hello,
    I have 4 pcn's out standing to East Sussex and a number of other debts all on hold. I am working with Lewes CAB to come up with a affordable solution. East Sussex parking are chasing hard. Meanwhile I am struggling to make ends meet. Question is - can I be forced to pay off these parking fines when my only income is ESA benefit? Isn't my benefit protected from debt collection ?

Any help much appreciated
    Thanks
    Poe
    Tags: None

Re: Can I be forced to pay PCN's out of my ESA benefit

It isn't protected from standard Debt Collection, no. All you can do if you are not defending/disputing the tickets is to come to an affordable installment arrangement based on your income & expenditure - have you discussed the tickets with CAB ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello, Thanks - yes I have managed to get the debt collection fee's etc removed and they are offering £10 a month - sounds like I should go with that - just seems a bit weird when I have so little to live off - 'parking fines' - they are the only debtor to chase really hard - Oh well - new second hand shoes will have to wait.

Thanks again

Poe

Comment

Are these private parking charges, as against council?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X