• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine whilst vehicle was with Meet and Greet service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine whilst vehicle was with Meet and Greet service

Hi
    I dropped my car with an MCP meet and greet driver, at Gatwick Airport at 3.30am, I was catching a 5.30am flight.

When I got back from my holiday I received a parking notice fine £80 from Euro Car Parks. My car had been parked at the Shell garage at Gatwick , from 3.51am until 4.45am, which is longer than the "allowed" 20 mins.
    I advised my meet and greet company, MCP,and they said they would deal with (and haven't), I sent them the fine notice.
    I also sent Euro Car Parks a copy of my confirmed flight at 5.30am, and a copy of the receipt from the meet and greet drives, timed at 3.30am. I asked them to follow up with MCP the meet and greet company
    Clearly I could not have been in charge of the vehicle.
    Eventually Euro Car Parks sent me another notice and offered that I go to POPLA appeal. I did this, and the outcome was that the car park notice had been "correctly issued".
    Now I have DRP (Debt Recovery Plus) chasing me for now £180 and threatening to recommend to their client, Euro Car Parks. Again I have asked them to take the matter up with MCP.
    I have contacted MCP several times and each time it is "we are dealing with it".
    It looks like like I have 2 options, pay the fine and then issue a small claims for the £180 to MCP.
    Or I wait to go to court and fight my case.
    Any advice please ?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking fine whilst vehicle was with Meet and Greet service

Ignore DRP, they are merely debt collectors and can do nothing. Write a formal letter to Euro Car Parks telling them (again!) that the keeper and driver at the time was MCP, giving the address as well. Get a free proof of posting from a Post Office. Tell them that POFA schedule 4 paragraph 5 (1) (b) no longer applies and they have therefore lost the right to hold you, the registered keeper, liable.

Demand that they stop using your personal data as there is no liability and continued use is contrary to the Data Protection Act and will make them liable for charges.

Rather than pay let them take you to court as you have an excellent defence and can raise a counter claim for the misuse of your personal data.

Comment

Seems like they have history of this kind of thing .... http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=5545732

[MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] - can mcmcfan do anything with MCP to compensate for having to deal with this ( and for them potentially misusing the vehicle - it wasn't in a "dedicated, secure storage compound" for over an hour after they collected it) ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes, let them know that compensation is required for the breach of their own terms, but leave till the parking bit is resolved.

Comment

Many thanks for your advice.
          I will write to ECP now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X