• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Matalan car park Cheltenham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matalan car park Cheltenham

Hi,
    I was sent to do a job at DW Sport in Cheltenham.
    Unaware that there is a DW fitness and DW Store in Cheltenham, i inadvertantly googled the DW fitness centre in the middle of town. Having passed the location 3 times noting that all the nearby streets had either double yellow lines or permit parking only. I pulled onto matalan car park to check the address. I then realised i should have gone to the Gloucester road store. Not the gym off Henrietta street. Having changed the postcode in my sat nav i took off to complete my work.
    However on the way out i noticed a camera at the entrance to the car park.
    I have just googled the car park and found out it is a smart parking one.
    Does anyone know if i will receive a fine for pulling onto the car park to find my correct address.
    I did not turn off the engine or leave my vehicle during the stop and must have only been on it 10 minutes maximum if that.
    Look forward to some useful advice.
    Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Matalan car park Cheltenham

Hi & welcome to LB.

It's not possible to predict whether you'll receive a speculative invoice (it's not a fine) via the post, but you should be given a reasonable time to stop the vehicle in order to read any site signage plus a further 10 mins to exit.
    Known as 'grace periods', this is in the trade assn Code of Practice.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Matalan car park Cheltenham

You may well get a notice to keeper but then your excuse isthat you realised that you were in the wrong place and did not wish to enter a contract for parking. The parking companies are required to give an allowance for this.

But in the meantime edit your post so that the driver cannot be identified.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X