• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VCS/BW Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCS/BW Legal

Hi all,

Apologies if this is technically a repost - I think the wording is slightly different to other letters I've seen, and so just want to be sure of what's required, if anything.

I've seen things saying "don't reply as they'll take you as scared and just keep hassling you" but then I've seen other things saying "if you don't reply, you're effectively low hanging fruit for them, so a reply will mean they have to make some effort.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Please ignore the food stain on the letter.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: VCS/BW Legal

So have you got the original paperwork from VCS for the alleged contravention? Have you appealed that NTK? If you have ignored any previous letters from VCS or BW legal then they are looking for a default judgment. Respond to let them know you are alive and deny any liability and demand they supply evidence of the alleged liability.

Comment

Thanks,

I ignored all the previous comms based on what I read online (this is the first piece from BW Legal).

Would this do the trick then?
      Dear Sir

Ref xxxxxx

Thank You for your letter

Unfortunately I no longer have any of the documents relating to this matter.

Please send a copy of the original parking notice so that I can make an informed decision whether any payment is owed to your client

Thank You

Yours Faithfully,

Also I'm moving house in the next few weeks. leave that as their problem to chase or inform them? I take it I'd need to see a letter at my new address before they could take matters any further?

Thanks

Comment

Miss out that admission of previously having the docs. Deny knowledge and ask for a copy of any documents for the alleged contravention. Give them your new address and the date. The last thing you want is a CCJ that you didn't know about because the paperwork went to your old address

Comment

Thanks - so is this the way to go?

Dear Sir

Ref xxxxxx

Thank You for your letter

Please send a copy of the original parking notice so that I can make an informed decision whether any payment is owed to your client

Please note: As of xxxxxxdate my postal address will be:
          address
          address

Thank You

Yours Faithfully,

Ta!

Comment

• Some suggestions?

Dear sirs

Ref xxxxxx

Thank you for your letter, the contents of which are noted.

As it does not conform to the current pre action protocol for alleged debt claims, I do not consider it to be a Letter Before Claim (LBC).

Should you decide to send a compliant LBC, be advised that I will require the following

• All documentary evidence which your client will rely on in court to support the alleged claim.
            • A copy of your client's authority from the relevant landowner to operate a parking scheme, &/or authority of all other subsidiary parties with reference to same. This may comprise a chain of agreements.
            • A copy of your client's KADOE agreement with the DVLA.

so that I can make an informed decision whether any payment is owed to your client.

Please note: As of xxxxxxdate my postal address will be:
            address
            address

Thank You

Yours Faithfully,
            Keep a copy & get proof of posting.
            Last edited by charitynjw; 25th October 2017, 12:24:PM.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Amazing, thanks so much.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X