• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

dvla and meaning of requistion/summons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dvla and meaning of requistion/summons

Would say sarcastic, but more of 'another day at the office!' :/ seems all the corporations are making fraudulent claims against the public!

Comment

Originally posted by danmill View Post
      Would say sarcastic, but more of 'another day at the office!' :/ seems all the corporations are making fraudulent claims against the public!
      You only get away with that for so long before it turns round and bites you on the bum hard. People are beginning to realise what is going on and are speaking out about it. Eventually, the clamour gets so loud, those who know it is going on and do nothing about it can no longer ignore it and are forced to act.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Yeh I agree.. this country needs big changes

Comment

Hi, I have received a "requisition" letter from the DVLA, regarding unpaid insurance on my motorbike.
          this is the first time DVLA have contacted me with regards to penalties, and they're asking for a minimum penalty of £1000
          I have received no warning letter or any other notification
          It seems to me that surely I should get a warning letter or something before they nab £1000 from my pocket

Comment

Hi Modern norse, have you still got the bike?

Comment

Hello, i have got the summons for not telling the dvla for change of owner ship as i was selling my car first time i have given my v5 to the new owner.and after about 4 months i have got the letter from dvla for 100 pounds for not notifying them and they told me over the phone the i have to write a letter with new owner details and send to dvla i did so.and got acknowledgement letter as well.then i got summons this month to appear in birkenhead court on 28october.What should i do? Can any one please help i am so streesed and in deep worry.many thanks

Comment

Did you send V5 off when you sold the car?

Comment

Hi just wondering if anyone can help.

Ive received a Requisition to appear in court in Swansea yes Swansea of all places...I live near LEEDS! Its on a charge of an uninsured vehicle.

The car they are referring to is a non runner and i have a new car now. This car is sat in my drive way and has been for a while. Its funny as i sent off a letter to declare the car SORN at the beginning of August and i have had nothing back. Thing is apparently they checked my insurance on 06/05/13 not long after i sent the SORN off. Its as if they have done it on purpose

So i called them up at the court to see what was happening. And the woman i talked to said i really should try and attend and to be honest she was as helpful as a chocolate fireguard.

Does anyone have any advice it would be gratefully received.

Comment

Sorry i meant they checked it 06/08/2013 not 06/05/13 as previously stated

Comment

HI Jodoll, I had the same a few months ago. I think you can write to the court and ask that it be moved closer to where you live. As for the DVLA, if you use some of the templates on this thread and amend it to your situation. I did the same but never got a reply so went to Leeds mag court and the prosecutor was kicking every case out as he had no way of proving anyone didn't post the docs off.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X