• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Euro Parks Ltd - offer to pay parking charge by instalments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Parks Ltd - offer to pay parking charge by instalments

Hi all,

My first time to this forum and it seems to have a wealth of information...wow...
    I wonder if you can help me?

A while back I got a ticket from Euro Cark Parks for over staying by 5 mins. I was advised elsewhere to ignore the letters (I'm no longer sure if this was good advice). Now a debt collection agency are writing me saying ECP are offering me 14 days to settle the £130 i now owe them. Any advice would be most gratefully received?
    many thanks in advance... and sorry if this is already covered by another thread...

PS
    Tags: None

Re: Euro Parks Ltd - offer to pay parking charge by instalments

Ignore has not been the advice since 2012 when the Protection Of Freedoms Act was introduced.

Who is the debt collection agency? If it's DRP then you can ignore.

Who could write to ECP as the keeper stating that the alleged overstay is well within the grace period included in their own rules. Do not identify the driver.

Was this a windscreen ticket or the first ticket in the post. How many days between the alleged infraction and when the letter was received?

Comment

thanks Ostell...
      in reply to your questions

The debt collection agency IS DRP

The ticket was a windscreen ticket posted on 8/02/17. The most recent letter from DRP received on 22/5/17.

I will write to ECP directly then and ignore DRP...

again many thanks

Comment

Have you received a Notice to Keeper? When?

Comment

Hi Ostell,
          apologies for the delay.
          Ive been away and unable to see my paperwork.
          Yes i received a notice to keeper on 10/03/17.

Comment

13.4 You should allow the driver a reasonable period to leave the private car park after the parking contract has ended, before you take enforcement action. If the location is one where parking is normally permitted, the Grace Period at the end of the parking period should be a minimum of 10 minutes.
            http://www.britishparking.co.uk/writ...update_V6..pdf
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Dear Ostell and Charitynjw,
              I wonder if you can help me again...
              i sent an objection to Euro CP and ignored DRP.
              All went quiet and then on the same day i received the two letters attached... one from ECP saying they cannot correspond with me because they have passed the debt on and another from Zenith giving me notice of intent to collect.
              Ive attached them both... any ideas gratefully received...
              many thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Look in that faint grey writing at the bottom of the Zenith letter. What does it say. Zenith is the next desk to the DRP desk in the office. They do not own the debt and cannot start legal proceedings. Same advice as DRP. Wait for a Letter Before Claim to arrive and then come back.

Can you post up a redacted copy of the NTK please.

Comment

thanks Ostell, its in my office so will post on monday
                  P

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X