• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sunday Single Yellow Lines, Parking Bay - PCN Issued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Single Yellow Lines, Parking Bay - PCN Issued

Hi everyone,

I was parked on a single yellow line today (Sunday) outside of a marked bay that did have a residents only sign.

I assumed this didn't apply to me because I was outside of the bay and on a single yellow line but I got back to my car to find a PCN from the council.

Contravention - Parking in a restricted street during prescribed hours

As far as I could see the signs were for the bays only.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

I have attached a photo.
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Sunday Single Yellow Lines, Parking Bay - PCN Issued

As far as I was aware there was no sign by the yellow lines only for the bays.
    The sign is on the original picture but I have cropped it and attached it below. I can't see your picture for some reason.

Thanks for replying
    Attached Files

Comment

That sign doesrefer only to the parking bays.
      There should be another sign ,( for example a sign indicating no waiting as below).

However if the single yellow line is in a properly signed Controlled Parking Zone then no sign is required.

That is why I asked for exact location, please

Comment

Thanks for your reply, the location is

Montague Road, in Uxbridge UB8 1QN

I didn't see any yellow signs like the one you posted

Comment

Sorry to tell you , but you parked on yellow lines during the prohibited period as shown on the controlled zone signs at the beginning of that area.
          There are signs at both ends of Montague Road and Grove road prohibiting parking on yellow lines betwen 9 am & 10pm. As no other restriction is noted theyaply every day.
          So unless the lines are defective, or the zone was not set up according to statute, you are stuck with the penalty.
          If you wany more details you can find them here:http://www.appealnow.com/parking-tic...-parking-zone/

Comment

Thank you. What an expensive mistake to make I had no idea about those signs.

Thank you for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X