• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nightmare of two years please can anyone help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare of two years please can anyone help?

My son a student living in a shared house in Cardiff needed a residents parking permit. The clutch had gone in his car it was parked outside,my husband had to tow it home. He was not displaying a permit. The permit runs from January to January and is £5 annually. This was in September he brought a permit and had three months left on it. Whilst the car was being fixed he was lent two other cars that were available so that he could get to university in Newport, both cars were displaying the permit he had brought(we have photographs but my son did not know they were not transferable to another car, he was just occupying the one space he thought he had paid for). My husband was working away in Chile. When he returned he opened his mailto receive three parking fines. (the cars are registered in my husbands name) He said they were my son's fines believing that if he was speeding in the cars he would be responsible which seems reasonable. Our son doesn't visit very often so next time he did his dad passes the letters over and told him to sort it. He went to the council, they sent him to the court, they told him to fill a form in. He did this only to have the form returned saying he had to fill in three seperate forms in, he did this and had them returned-needed three 'out of time forms' did this was told ' now out of time'. For two years we have been trying to get someone to listen to us it just seems the forms are stamped and returned without even being read. We paid £45x3 total £135 to have the offences heard by a judge, I enclosed a covering letter explaining what I have here. It was rejected and apparently no reason has to be given! I telephoned an adjudication service I managed to find on the internet, the msn was very nice,said he couldn't help me but it was his guess like many other people that because I enclosed a letter it was 'chucked out'. Bank holiday Saturday ther was a knock at our door, a Marstons Bailiff saying that we owed £755 and if we didn't pay he would be back in a 'couple of days' with a policeman and a tow truck which we would have to pay for and take our belongings. I ask him how fair that was seeing as it was bank holiday and no one was in work until at least Tuesday. He went away we were terrified and did'nt know what to do, my husband had just been made redundant. I found a link after typing in 'Bailiffs and what to do' to a charity called 'Step Change' they were very good and sent us an email after giving our details to say we had twice as much going out each month as coming in . They suggested we sent a copy , covering letter and £1 to the Bailiffs,court and council. I did this, all posted signed for but all were returned. Yesterday the same aggressive Bailiff returned demanding money again and said he would give us one last chance as we seemed to be nice people. My husband said did he get the paperwork? we couldn't and wouldn't pay! with that he said he was wasting his time, he then clicked something which was attached to his identity badge around his neck and said 'he had enough to go to court' my husband asked him if it was a recorder? , he said yes. with that he walked off leaving us bewildered. Can anyone please tell us if we might get the chance to go to court and sort this nightmare out we cannot believe this dreadful worry is all about a £5 parking permit. Any help would be very welcome please .
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X