• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SORN vehicle removed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SORN vehicle removed

Hi everyone

Urgent advice needed after SORN vehicle removed this morning.

My husbands beautiful car was taken by NSL today after being clamped on Saturday morning.
    The car has a SORN in place and is 'parked' outside our house. The reason for this is:-
    (a) Brakes ceased and can't afford repair at the moment- (therefore car immobile)
    (b) My Motability vehicle is kept on our driveway since I cannot walk far. If my car was parked outside my home, I would not be able to get to it.

We are not tax dodgers. We genuinely believed that after declaring the vehicle SORN we could park it close to our home since there are legitimate reasons for not being able to park on our driveway.
    We understand the fees for releasing my husband's lovely car are increasing by the minute as well as the seven day period before crushing expires.

After speaking to someone at the 'Pound' on Saturday morning, we were told that the parking issues surrounding my disability were a 'delicate' subject but since it was Saturday there was no one we could speak to until 9am Monday. We pointed out that this would be 48 hours since clamping and therefore beyond the 24 hours before towing away.
    Also since it was Bank Holiday we could not contact anyone until Tuesday.
    We cannot afford the extortionate fees to release the vehicle- we have nowhere to keep it whilst we are trying to raise the money to get the brakes fixed- we cannot MOT the vehicle until the brakes are fixed- we cannot tax the vehicle without an MOT.
    We thought we were complying with legal requirements by declaring the vehicle SORN.

Help!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X