• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private parking charge notice *WON*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private parking charge notice *WON*

Hi all,
    got a letter through post, heading 'parking charge notice' stating my vehicle had been parked 3and half hours in max 3 hr free parking area in a retail park , from civil enforcement ltd for £100 or £60 if paid by tomorrow. I do shop there but realised not even i could shop this long. I then realised my friend and i were shopping together in this retail area so we left one car behind to save reparking both. I didnt notice any sighns but after this notice arrived i revisited and they are clearly there. My gripe is that this seems an unfair amount as we were shopping within the area. Do you think i should try and plat system or pay up? Thx for listening
    Tags: None

Re: Private parking charge notice

Comment

PLay the system.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see the signs and in any case the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so. Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

For popla an appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter has proven a winner.

M1

Comment

Thank you.I will play the system this time although it is not in my usual make up, and report back on my progress. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply to this dilema.
        Annoyeddriver

Comment

Hi,
          A huge thank you for you help. Yesterday I received a response from my claim with Popla who approved the claim. I am so thrilled for this result and I am going to donate the amount of the fine to charity. Please keep up the good work.
          Annoyeddriver

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X