• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejection of new car within 30 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection of new car within 30 days

I purchased a car on the 20th June brand new on HP 4K deposit balance on Finance.
    within 24 hrs the car developed a serious fault. Garage couldn’t give date for repair, and directed me to the finance company as I said I wanted to reject.
    i put in a rejection to the finance company which was accepted on the 25th July. And to refund my deposit and cover additional costs.The finance company have since said they cannot refund my deposit as this needs to be done by the garage I purchased from. They also haven’t cancelled the finance agreement as yet and I am due to make another payment on 20th. Can you advise how I should proceed as they have agreed the rejection yet they are not processing the refund. The car is in the garage as I haven’t had it back since it went wrong. I have a courtesy car and currently still have the ownership docs etc, however this doesn’t seem to be what’s holding it up. Please can you advise?

Tags: None

Hi and welcome.

Go back to the finance company and tell them that as they have accepted the rejection they have 14 days in which to make the refund (Consumer Rights Act 2015 sec 20 (15) and that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 Sec 75 makes them liable for the whole amount (that means the deposit)

Comment

Hi thank you for this. I will do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X