• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should I Ignore a Parking Charge Notice from UK Car Park Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Ignore a Parking Charge Notice from UK Car Park Management

I have received a Parking Charge Notice and Formal Demand from CPM

I had parked to use the nearby bakery. after no more than 2 mins I noticed someone taking photos of my car and realised I may have parked on a controlled space. I didn't see any signs entering the area,

I paid for my bread and drove off no more than 5 mins after arriving.

A subsequent visit to the area shows there are signs but they are not placed at the entrance to the site. The no-parking area being adjoining a public road with no road markings showing it is private land.

I feel this parking notice is total wrong. and wish to fight it.

I understand that these Parking Charge notices assume I have entered into a contract with CPM and thus they can invoice me for a random ever increasing amount. Why on earth would I agree to a contract of £100 for 5 mins parking time in order purchase a £2.50 loaf of bread?

Should I ignore the demands on the basis that I have no relationship with this company and certainly do not have a contract or purchase order with them.
    Tags: None

No do not ignore.

Google street view link to location and a scan of what you have received ( remove address and name and Ref number but leave dates and times.

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.67...7i13312!8i6656

Comment

Was the bakery in the area of the GSV link?

Comment

The google street map image is very old for some reason. The Bakery is now where the For Sale sign was

Comment

Contact the bakery as you were a customer and get them to cancel it via their landlord (who employed the parking company).

Keep us updated.

Comment

Hi,

No this wasn't the bakery land it was the land on the other side of the road.

I understand that these Parking Charge notices assume I have entered into a contract with CPM and thus they can invoice me for a random ever increasing amount. Why on earth would I agree to a contract of £100 for 5 mins parking time in order purchase a £2.50 loaf of bread?

Should I ignore the demands on the basis that I have no relationship with this company and certainly do not have a contract or purchase order with them.

Comment

You do not ignore otherwise you will end up in court, especially with company. You will need to get photos of those signs. Park on the road. I suspect that they may say authorised parking only or permit holders only and may not actually be offering parking to those without permission or permits.

The contract is based on the driver reading the signs. Was there a notice on the windscreen? What was the date of the alleged breach and the dates the notice arrived?

You can still contact the bakery, especially if you are a regular customer, and see if they can do anything about it.

Comment

Thank you OSTELL

I don't believe the Bakery has any connection with the land I was parked on but I can contact them as I am a regular customer.

I didn't see the signs when I parked. But there is one which I read when I saw someone taking pictures of my car. I was only there for five minutes and moved as soon as I saw the sign. The payment they are asking for is now up to £149 which is not reasonable. I will get photos of the sign later today and post.

Comment

Can you go through your posts and edit them so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "The driver ................." . etc. Pain I know but it can make it mote difficult for them.

Comment

I received a Debt recovery letter today for £160.. So I paid it.. I can't afford the time or risk of getting a bad credit rating. This situation stinks.. Time our government did something about these robbers.

Comment

to be honest these people thrive on people to capitulate as you did, makes it harder for the remainder of us to fight the good fight, governments p- sick joke all round

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X