• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2nd hand car problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd hand car problem

Wondering if someone can help. I bought a car from a 2nd hand car dealer through finance with Blue Motor Finance with the broker being Car Finance 247 at the end of April. I collected the car from the dealers on 27 April 2018 and they told me that they had just fitted a new wheel speed sensor to the Nearside Rear but that the lights on the dash were still on ie: ABS/ESP, Hill Hold and Stop/Start not working either. They told me the lights would go off after about 50 miles or so and if they didnt I was to give them a call back. After a couple of days the lights were still on so I rang the dealer and they told me they would collect the car the following week to repair which they did. After a week of having no car they eventually delivered it back to me saying it was a Nearside Front Wheel Speed Sensor that needed replaced, the lights on the dash were out and Hill Hold and Stop/Start were working.
    The same lights have now came on again, they appeared on 11 June so I contacted the dealer through E Mail but I never heard a reply so I contacted Car Finance 247 to make them aware of what was happening. They said they were going to contact the dealer and told me I could either have the fault fixed, again or hand the car back. I decided to opt for the latter option as I just dont trust this car anymore, or the dealer for that fact.
    I phoned CF247 again today and they told me the Car Dealer was in dispute with them as he said that it might not be the same 'sensor' as the last time it was repaired and that he wanted the car back to have a diagnostic run on it. I refused and said I would have an independant diagnostic done as I didnt trust the dealer.
    Ive had the diagnostic done today and it read that there is a fault on the Offside Rear wheel speed sensor this time.
    My question is even though this is a different wheel speed sensor this time am I still entitled to hand the car back under The Consumer Credit Act, or does the dealer have viable point by saying that this is a different sensor this time? I really dont want to be forking out money all the time for sensor ptoblems. Thank you
    Tags: None

Hi there

No need to keep repeating your post.

As you have had the vehicle for more than 30 days the dealer has the right to attempt repair before your rejection could stand.
    And as it is only a sensor.........

Also if you wish to reject, or have any problems with the vehicle, you should be dealing with the owners i.e. Blue Motor Finance, so whilst letting the dealer replace the sensor I would let the finance house know about the problems.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X