• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Highview Parking - Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highview Parking - Charge Notice

This is my first post and I want to say hello to everyone!
    Today the driver of the vehicle mentioned in thepicture belov received a 'Charge Notice' at a Tesco store car park. The driver always did his groceries from the same store and and he always validate the voucher at the parking machine but he didn't keep the receipts. I will attach a picture showing the details. Can the driver make an appeal or how should he procede with this situation. Thank you !
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chelo25356; 30th May 2018, 18:07:PM.
    Tags: None

Yes the keeper can appeal but first edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver ......". Do it NOW.

If there was no windscreen ticket (please confirm) then the notice had to reach the keeper within 14 days. That notice does not therefore the registered keeper cannot be held liable for the actions of the driver and they can only calim from the driver who they hopefully don't know.

There are also many other mistakes that mean the keeper is not liable.
    Last edited by ostell; 30th May 2018, 21:24:PM.

Comment

If these Companies KNOW the rules (like for example OSTELL does above) how come they keep getting it wrong.

You say there are 'many other mistakes' - how come they are so poor at getting it right legally, when it would seem easy to fix and make their claims 100% legally valid?

Or am i expecting too much from these highwaymen!

Comment

Expecting too much. They just hope the keeper doesn't know any better. They probably printed off Millions of that letter.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. There was no windscreen ticket.
          Can you please suggest what course of action should be taken ? Thank you!

Comment

A standard BOGOFF response to them

Dear Sirs,

I am the keeper of vehicle xxxxxx and in receipt of your Notice to keeper xxxxxx

You Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 mainly, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice to the keeper within the relevant period of 14 days, contrary to 9 (2) (4).
            I, as the keeper, can therefore not be held liable for the actions of the driver at the time. THere is no legal requirement for me to identify the driver and I will not be doing so. I do not expect to hear from you again about this matter other than to confirm that no further action will be taken and my details have been deleted from your records.

Yours,

They will try to continue but it will get them nowhere

Comment

Thank you for your guidance, I have received the answer I was hoping for from Highview Parking Ltd

Dear Sir/Madam,
              Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN).
              Further to your representations, we have investigated your claims and can confirm that your Notice has subsequently been cancelled in full and no further action will be taken.

Comment

Hello can we have some help please the driver sent a letter saying that had not revived the notice with 14 and this is what they got back

Comment

So stop hijacking someone else's thread and create your own. It stops misunderstanding. It would help to also give the full story as there seems to have been an appeal. But you don't need to identify they driver, and don't do it. Yes they can issue a notice after 14 days but they can't hold the keeper liable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X