• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Honda Dealership ripped off my late father in laws wife//family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Dealership ripped off my late father in laws wife//family

Hi all, bit of a long story. My father in law dropped his Honda Accordat a dealership (North West area) in December for a faulty alarm (kept going off randomly). I cant figure out how much the bill was for this period as the invoice states about £1016. Again the car was sent back for same issue with alarm on 2nd or 3rd March March 2018, my father in law passed away suddenly on the 6th March. My wife and her brother and sister visited the dealership to clear the car out of his belongings, informed the service manage what had happened and they were not to contact my wifes mother (3 losses in 9 weeks so she was distraught). They did however, say to contact any of them with updates. Nothing was heard form them until they delivered the car back to my mother in law w/c 14th May. I took possession of the car on the 20th May and drove it from Cheshire to our home. Went to open the boot following morning (we arrived home late on the Sunday) and it didn't work, being an Accord with a powered tailgate, the only way to open this is from inside the boot. So I had to do this (with a very bad back I may add) to have a look inside for the spare wheel and make sure it was all ok. So..phoen call made on Friday in my wifes presence and basically they have told a pack of lies as the person not the phone was very rude to us and my wife in particular, so much so she was in tears. The dealership was told, they were to contact any of the siblings of late father in law (but not mother in law). No contact was received. They had the cheek to charge us for a battery as obviously hadn't maintained it whilst in their care for over 2 months!

We wanted the car for sentimental reasons obviously, and being a tourer (estate) would be ideal as we used to have a Volvo V70 estate (3 children, 2 dogs)...

Yesterday, I thought, I'd have clear up and hook up the trailer and go to the recycle centre, as you do on a bank holiday weekend! Trailer hooked up no problem, until i tried to "find the electrics" for the trailer. No socket or wiring present! Seems they have ripped out the entire wiring for the tow electrics! so, I have a car with no power tailgate, and no electrics for towing even though it has a tow bar!

Work carried is described is as follows " Strpped Boot, checked wiring, all ok! Checked wiring to Tailgate ecu, all OK! Carried out further tests. Found back feed from tow bar wiring, removed tow bar, all OK."

No mention of removing of wiring, the tow bar hasn't been removed at all as the rust is still on the threads of the bolts, I am an ex main dealer technician and ex Royal Electrical &Mechanical Engineer (REME).
    I used to work on Challenger 2 Tanks, plus all other military vehicles.

I wan the tailgate working, the battery at £95 re imbursed and all the wiring for tow bar replaced. I live 150 miles away form the dealership so the local Honda dealer will be carrying out the work. I would just like some advice please as we have a car that is of little use, no tailgate working or towbar electrics.

Any help be appreciated, the dealership speak to us very appalling as the lady did on friday and really upset my wife, no communication, the car was returned to mother in law with tyre pressures not even checked. I drove 150 miles on way with under inflated tyres (my fault I know for not checkin, but, the car was returned 3 days prior and "all ok" .Which is diabolical!

Any advice appreciated, I have tweeted Honda UK and they have asked me to send my phone number and email address.

Disgusted by this so called main dealer for Honda, they have awful reviews on the internet by quite a few dissatisfied customers.

Update: The dealership called my mother in law and we clearly stated that no communication was to be made to her, at all. The V5 has come back today in my name, so legally I am now the registered keeper. I can't believe the dealership called my mother in law and hence causing undue stress to her yet again, in a matter that should be dealt with by me. I escalated this to Honda UK (via twitter over the UK) and it is now in their hands.

Last edited by beaconsman; 29th May 2018, 17:42:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X