• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help letter before claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help letter before claim

I recvd a letter before claim yesterday for an alleged parking offence last june

the letter states they have written to me previously. I have not had any letters. Coykd this be a scam. They have given me 28 days to pay £160

i am worried
    Tags: None

You are going to need to post the letter on here, redact your name and address obviously.

Comment

Have you moved house between the alleged date of the breach and receiving this letter? If you have moved house did you update the details on your V5 document. Updating the details on the driving licence alone is not sufficient.

Basically you will need to write back to whoever sent that letter stating that this is the first you have heard of the matter and in order to narrow the issues you require them to provide all the documents they will be using in the proceedings to prove their right to the alleged debt. This will include a copy of the alleged Windscreen notice if given, the Notice to keeper that was allegedly sent to you, a copy of the contract with the landowner that is allegedly in existence to show the claimant has the right to charge for parking and not a witness statement saying there is a contract in existence and details of the signs that allegedly formed the contract with the driver.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X