• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Late Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Parking Charge Notice

Good evening

I received a Parking Charge Notice by post more than 14 days after the date of the incident.

Unfortunately I did not write to the company within 28 days, and they are now threatening debt recovery.
    I would be grateful for advice whether the notice is invalid because it was issued late, therefore making an appeal unnecessary.
    Tags: None

The notice is not invalid but they cannot hold the keeper liable. The time limit for an appeal is only of the parking company's own making. Send a simple BOGOFF:

Sirs,

I am the keeper of vehicle xxxxx and in receipt of your Notice to Keeper xxxxxx

The notice fails to comply with Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days contrary to section 9 (4). The notice was posted on the xxxxxxxx, and by virtue of 9 (6) it can be assumed to have been delivered on xxxxxx, some xx days after the alleged breach on the xxxx

I, as the keeper, cannot therefore be held liable for the actions of the driver at that time. I am under no legal obligation to identify the driver and I will not be doing so. I do not expect to hear from you again other than to confirm that there will be no further action against me on this matter and my details have been removed from your files.

Yours....

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X