• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Disabled Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Disabled Parking

Good evening

would very much like any help if possible, I lent my friend my car and he parked it in a disabled bay on my road when returning it back, I cant be angry at him because he was doing me a favour but obviously i don't want to pay fine either, the bay is poorly marked (no box markings) and poorly signed some would argue and i wanted the opinions of others on here and what best grounds of appeal i could use.

thanks in advance
    Tags: None

I assume this is a ticket from the Council? What contravention are they alleging? Do we assume you do not have a Blue Badge?

Comment

Yes from local council contravention
      (40) parked in a designated disabled person’s parking place without displaying a valid disabled person’s badge in the prescribed manner

and no I don’t have a badge

thanks

Comment

I'm not an expert on council parking but they have sent you a description of what a bay should look like. It would appear that your bay was not marked out like that. The sign is in the tree and not visible because of the leaves.

Don't chance your luck. As a BB holder I get a tad annoyed when I can't find a space because someone without a BB is using one.

Comment

From the first image you posted, I cannot see that there are the dashed lines marking out the bay as required by their own regulations, so I'd be arguing this at appeal.

Is it worth saying at appeal that it wasn't you (I don't like this argument as it's a case of "well you would say that wouldn't you", there's no proof it wasn't you who parked there, and if it wasn't you then you should be sending the fine to the driver - but we know you don't want to do this). Personally I'd stick with the poor signage arguments, it seems quite a good case.

Comment

Thanks for your advice I will draft an appeal

and I would never chance it and park in a B.B. space myslef. I’m tighter than a submarine door I wouldn’t risk the fine. Lived here 20 years and the first time I en trust my firms with my car of all the spaces he could park he chose that one. He even said after there was loads more available spaces.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X