• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motorcycle Pcp voluntary termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Pcp voluntary termination

I have a pcp with BLACK horse on my motorbike which I'm thinking about voluntary terminating.
    Having received their pack in the post today though, I'm slightly concerned about a term they've included regarding them continuing to send me statements of what I owe until the vehicle is sold at auction. (Don't have the exact wording to hand). Theoretically it could take 6 months for them to sell the bike and I would still be receiving letters from BH.
    Any advice on these terms gratefully received.
    Tags: None

Odd, can't imagine why?

There have been some cases where the Company does 2 inspections, one at your home, then another on a ramp, and they try to charge for things not spotted at the first. I think that's decidedly dodgy considering in cars they drive them away.

Maybe they're planning to re-inspect and charge for new items found. On the other hand it might just be words!

Has it been serviced in accordance with the manufacturers instructions
    Has it got a valid MOT (if applicable)
    Any warning lights visible
    Anything above and beyond BVRLA guidelines (damage)
    Is mileage in accordance with what was contracted (or even if higher, if not affecting value or condition)

If the above are all OK, then you have no worries.

Comment

Are you past 50% on the finance?
      Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Use the template VT letter that is available on this site, you may find the one you have from BH attempts to limit your rights. If you've paid the 50% then there is no more to pay. It's not the first time that they try to get you to pay until they sell.

Are you sure you asked about Voluntary Termination and not Voluntary Surrender?

Comment

Thanks guys. The exact wording is:
          Credit file - VT may make it difficult or more expensive for you to obtain credit in the future.
          We recognise you will have no further obligation to Black Horse Ltd but we are unable to complete your account until we received sale confirmation of the goods. You will not be disadvantaged in any way (late payment fees or impaired credit rating) by this;however it may mean that whilst we await the sale confirmation you may be in receipt of statements and notifications that we are obliged to send you whilst your account remains active.

I realise that a VT won't affect my credit history, just thought once I'd dropped the bike off I'd be done with it.
          ​​

Comment

The account you have has been TERMINATED on receipt of your letter, the clue is in the wording. They are confusing themselves and their own internal processes. The owner of the bike after VT is them, not you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X