• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal - Cloned Licence plate Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal - Cloned Licence plate Issue

Hi,
    Firstly like to say this forum has been a great help to me educating myself on how to deal with my VCS PCN charge and dealing with BW Legal, thank you.

Sadly I feel as though all the evidence I have sent them seems to be ignored. I have received a final notice from BW legal to the effect that if I don't pay in 17 days they will start the county court proceedings, "which may result in you receiving a Letter of Claim pursuant to the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims as contained within the CPR...etc pay up now"

I really don't know where to turn anymore or what else I can provide them. A little about my case:

16 December 2017;
    A petrol theft incident occurred which appeared to be my car, however at the time I was at uni and my car was with me parked on a public road. The matter with the police was cleared instantly as they confirmed the driver of the car to be a white male, myself asian, deeming the car in question was using cloned plates.

About 1-2 hours after that incident within the same area the driver of that vehicle parked his car without paying for his ticket.

Since then I have received emails/phone calls\letters asking me to pay.

Initially I sent them the police letter with the crime reference number attached and they deemed this not enough evidence.
    The evidence I have sent them:
    Police letter relating the the incident with crime reference number attached
    My bank statement showing purchases I made at my uni
    I requested images of the car in question and sent them Images of my car spotting out a few differences to my car and the car in question. (the biggest being a sticker visible in the rear of my window, my alloys being silver and the picture they sent was black, my car had no aerial sticking out but was clearly visible on the images of the car they sent me)

I feel like I'm just going round in circles with this company, at the time of writing this I have sent them yet another email with the crime reference number and details to the police officer who was dealt with my incident involving the police.

What else can I do now and what should I expect if it goes to court?

Thanks
    Tags: None

I would expect to win - are you able to submit a counter-claim for your costs and time - then they'd actually have to submit a defence rather than their generic one put to the Court.

Others on here will tell you how to do that and how to word it - in my mind it makes them have to actually look at it, as for now they are ignoring you and trying to bully you into paying.

I would defend it as being vexatious.

Comment

Originally posted by Laticsforlife View Post
      I would expect to win - are you able to submit a counter-claim for your costs and time - then they'd actually have to submit a defence rather than their generic one put to the Court.

Others on here will tell you how to do that and how to word it - in my mind it makes them have to actually look at it, as for now they are ignoring you and trying to bully you into paying.

I would defend it as being vexatious.
      I'm unsure how to or if I am able to submit a counter claim as of yet, but if I can I sure will.
      I'll do some more research, thanks for the reply.

Comment

I would just ignore them now and see what they do next.
        If it's a proper letter before action then respond, otherwise ignore

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X