• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Volkswagen - HELP!! Handing current vehicle in for a new vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen - HELP!! Handing current vehicle in for a new vehicle

Hi R0b (everyone),

I am wondering if there is anyone here who can help/advise.... I currently drive a VW Polo, the time has come to upgrade/swap in for a new one. The new car has been ordered with delivery expected June(ish) exact date hasn't yet been provided? Anyway, it was noted this week that VW have debited c. £5,000 from my bank account as a "Balloon Payment" for my current vehicle. The sales lady who subsequently has now left since I ordered the new car, forgot to fill out a 'Short term concession' form which should enable me to continue carry on driving my current polo until the new one arrives. Obviously I have a little p*ssed off that VW have debited £5,000 from my bank account. They are putting the money back, and have offered to pay £300 for my first service but reluctant to accept this at the moment. They are calculating (I presume) on a pro-rata basis, what I now have to pay monthly until my new vehicle arrives....I feel like I should no longer be paying for my vehicle until the new one arrives? I have been badly treated.

What are my rights and has anyone got any advice on this please...

regards,

James
    Tags: None

If you are at the end of your PCP then to take the balloon payment was the right thing to do, obviously you had discussed with them so they should have taken action to suspend that.

In terms of you using it past the end date of your agreement, Renault told me it was fine to use it at no cost until collection (about 4 weeks in my case), but I also note that the agreement might say about using it beyond the end date, my lease one does, but I don't remember my PCP one saying so.

I don't think they can charge you under the PCP (as it's over and there's no scope for them to do so UNLESS the agreement specifically has an extension clause), but equally they can take the car back at any time as it's not yours. Start to arrange the collection process now, the date will be around 4 weeks from now, so that takes us to early May, then get VW to hurry up your new car, June is quite ridiculous unless some vehicle with lots of extras chosen or a weird colour.

If you are 'buying' from the same dealer then I'd be saying either supply the new one quicker or leave me with the old one FOC, but I'm not paying for your tardiness in supplying me with my new car.

Comment

Originally posted by Laticsforlife View Post
      If you are at the end of your PCP then to take the balloon payment was the right thing to do, obviously you had discussed with them so they should have taken action to suspend that.

In terms of you using it past the end date of your agreement, Renault told me it was fine to use it at no cost until collection (about 4 weeks in my case), but I also note that the agreement might say about using it beyond the end date, my lease one does, but I don't remember my PCP one saying so.

I don't think they can charge you under the PCP (as it's over and there's no scope for them to do so UNLESS the agreement specifically has an extension clause), but equally they can take the car back at any time as it's not yours. Start to arrange the collection process now, the date will be around 4 weeks from now, so that takes us to early May, then get VW to hurry up your new car, June is quite ridiculous unless some vehicle with lots of extras chosen or a weird colour.

If you are 'buying' from the same dealer then I'd be saying either supply the new one quicker or leave me with the old one FOC, but I'm not paying for your tardiness in supplying me with my new car.
      Hi Mate thanks for the reply....does it make a difference that I am on HP as opposed to a PCP? VW have since come back and said, " they have submitted a finance application to bridge the gap between now and when the new vehicle arrives"

Now that my HP agreement has ended (35 month agreement) from March 29th 2015 - why I am still liable to pay any further money to them if I am handing the vehicle back? I have checked the agreement and doesn't mention anything about additional payments beyond the agreement apart from the balloon payment.

Comment

It looks like they have put in a NEW finance agreement, based on the value of the car now, but to be honest it's not something I've ever heard of so can't comment on it's validity. Like how does it finish or end, what are you expected to sign up for? How can you cancel early (as I guess it needs to be open-ended until such time as your new car arrives)

I get that a 3 months gap is a bit much, even for HP (Don't think there's much difference between PCP and HP, both are essentially the same).

Have they sent you this new agreement?

If it were me, the first thing I'd be doing is making sure my old HP agreement Direct Debit is cancelled at the bank as for certain that agreement is over and done with.

Then if they've set up some new finance agreement, you'd need to be signing it and setting up a new DD, and once you see that paperwork you can decide if it's something reasonable for you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X