• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT with RCI Finance (Nissan)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT with RCI Finance (Nissan)

Hi all
    Newbie here, joined after reading up on PCP VT and have successfully used the template letter from this site (thank you!) to enact my VT.

No problem with the letter and had a call from RCI within 6 hrs of the letter being received, but I have been informed that I will be liable for excess mileage charges (approx. 11k of them - I changed jobs a year ago and now commute a lot further). The claim from RCI is that they have a signed document from me stating that I am aware of this. So, having looked through the initial agreements I signed when I ordered the car in 2015, I came across a 'Nissan Finance Customer Written Summary' that does indeed have the following (among numerous others) statement on it (which of course I had signed and dated):

"Where you have a PCP agreement, when the agreement ends (for whatever reason) you will be responsible for any excess mileage charges (as set out in the agreement) and damage not considered as fair wear and tear."

So, have Nissan Finance pulled a smart one here and have I managed to sign myself into a 'hole', as this agreement was in addition to the Formal Hire Purchase Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 form that I also signed at the same time?

Grateful for any advice/thoughts as I think I might be looking at having to stump up on this one. If I do then so be it, the Nissan Finance team got one up on me!

Thank you
    Rolo's Dad
    Tags: None

Think this is fairly standard wording, and it's all about whether it is legally enforceable as per many other similar threads on here.

It's all about is the car in good overall condition, as the law behind PCP's doesn't make mention of mileage claims.

Also if they are as slow with you as they have been with me, expect them to take 3 weeks to reply to any letter.

I handed my car back on 22nd January and yesterday got another debt letter which completely ignored my letter to them disputing the debt. RCI are great when it comes to taking your money, not so in Customer Service.
    Last edited by Laticsforlife; 22nd March 2018, 11:18:AM. Reason: more info

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X