• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston Group

Hi
    im seeking some urgent advice as I have been having a hard time dealing with Marston Group regarding outstanding pcn’s.

The first I was aware of this was when my vehicle was clamped on 27th November 2017. I called the rep from the sticker on my car and found him very unhelpful. I then contacted the borough councils involved and with some assistance from a lady who know this industry completed out of time witness statements. This did not stop my vehicle being towed away.

It was only confirmed that notification of this was received on 29/11/17.

Over the next few months I have been trying to speak with both the Council and Marstons about getting my vehicle released. I wrote a letter to explain that I am in a position of vulnerability after seeking advice from CAB but got no response.

I then chased this up and the Council said they would speak to Marstons regarding this. When nothing happened I finally aranged for a day off from work to resolve the matter. On this occasion I was unable to pay for my vehicle as it has been apparently sold. I couldn’t believe this had happened as I’m yet to receive a court notice regarding one of my pcn’s, I have never been given an option to take any of my goods inside the vehicle including things like my kids shoes, clothes, buggy and car seats. And whilst I did receive just one letter from Marstons dated 28/11/17 stating that my vehicle could be auctioned by 13/12/17 I have always been told all actions are ceased until a decision is made.

I’m confused as I have not been informed of a total cost to pay when I have asked over the phone, have been unable to use the online service and I was under the belief that my vehicle would remain impounded until a decision was made or I was willing to pay the total, that I was seemingly only allowed to know if I was going to pay it immediately.

I feel that Marston didn’t want me to pay for the debt as my vehicle is worth £6000 And was apparently sold for £2349. Strangely I made a request to the Dvla as to when my vehicle changed address and then in return received one letter with this information and a few days later but dated with the same date 05/03/18 received another letter saying that my car has been requested for a new V5 form. I got this letter on 09/03/18 which happened to be the day I took off work to get my car back. Marstons said it was sold on 06/03/18. I find this very strange as the V5 is only available to them as of tomorrow.

What can I do to stop this and how can I get my car back if they won’t let me pay for it now? Please help
    Tags: None

I am sorry to ask so many question but given the importance of your question, it is necessary. What date and time did you send Out of Time witness statements to the Traffic Enforcement Centre? Between the time that your vehicle was clamped and its removal, did you try to remove any of the items from inside the vehicle? What date was your vehicle removed to the pound? Clearly, your witness statements have been rejected. What date were the letters from the Traffic Enforcement Centre advising of the rejection of your applications?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X