• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lost Blue Badge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Blue Badge

Hi,

Can you just apply and pay the fee for a new blue badge submitting the relevant docs when you lose your blue badge? rather than going to the police station and convincing them that you really did lose it as the dvla want a reference number for them!

Anyone been down this road?

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Why the police and the DVLA? The BB would have been issued by your local council so you should be dealing with them to get a replacement

Comment

You have to prove to them that you lost your blue badge when filling out the form at the police station. Like a recorded telephone call to the lost property department that you have attempted to find it. You also require your BB number on the front which many do not take a photo of it so cannot give it to police making it more likely they will turn you down and think your at it.

Comment

Blue Badge theft is on the up and will continue so while the parking charges and restrictions rise also. So it is not as simple as replacing a lost bus pass say.The badge is used illegally if not used by the holder and therefore a crime and will be treated as such.
        The figures may surprise you if you read this article https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ermits-england

Comment

I went to my local police station and they already had the book out in front of them like it was an everyday issue asked me where I lost it and car reg, make and model and signed it and that was me everything in 3 mins. I thought they would do a stewards inquiry, but it was simple. I look forward to losing my badge again and reapplying

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X