• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GAP Insurance - worth getting or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for having a look Des. OH is an employee - mobile trailer technician ( hgvs ) so think that's ok. No one but me and he driving it ( both named on insurance ) - and yes I was suspicious of the reviews - and it being a Spanish based company - think I'll have another look about see if there's any attached to better named & U.K. insurers with backend reviews ( claims ).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

who are the Spanish based insurer?
      Insurer Partner

halo insurance ):- Partner:-

Ah! thought it might be ! I use these (Mapfre), as they are worldwide and no problems, been using them for years now! House Insurance..
      Last edited by MIKE770; 10th March 2018, 21:31:PM.

Comment

Do you need GAP insurance? - Money Advice Service

Last edited by MIKE770; 10th March 2018, 12:14:PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	B12396EB-A4DC-43D5-AAD5-C4C07A0900D5.png Views:	1 Size:	738.7 KB ID:	1394820 Nice one thank you guys for all your help xxx

all done ( I can stop stressing now.... before Jules takes her up to Yorkshire on his own lol )

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            before Jules takes her up to Yorkshire on his own lol )
            Oi there's nowt wrong wi Yorkshire :-) glad you got it sorted & now have peace of mind.
            Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Hopefully it'll just be money down the toilet but it'll make me less paranoid about someone twatting into me writing it off and being stuck with the finance ( which is presumably the sales pitch anyway )
              Thank goodness for this ... garage picking up car tomorrow to assess whether it's a write off or repairable after a neighbour reversed ( at some speed) straight into the car ( I was in house at time and no one was hurt )so we'll see how it goes but may well be asking for some advice xxx

insurance is fully comp through esure - all reported - garage ( Gemini) and car hire ( auxillis) being sorted in morning.

fingers crossed its fixable - bloody love my car lol

Ringing Finance in the morning for a settlement figure and to inform about the accident - don't think I need contact GAP unless it is a write off ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Cars been written off. Insurance paying out 4200 and settlement figure 5020 so hopefully the gap insurance will cover rest.

pissed off and now have to find another car
                Attached Files
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's not a bad payout on a car of that age, you can easily replace it with something newer for that price
                  Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

It's a 2014 so not as good as it seems with the 03 plates on* ... can't find another with same spec at the settlement amount atm ... might have to get something more 'grown up' grrrr[
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Will they allow you to buy it back? there's less than 1K work involved to get that back to normal, I have a big downer on the auto insurance industry it's all a big co

Comment

Ughh sorry phaeton I seem to have lost some posts while trying to fix the funny symbols that kept appearing everywhere...

The car is a 2014 on private plates so the valuation is a little pants tbh🎅

Looks like our Gap insurance will help more than we thought tho.
                        Talking to Gap people this morning it seems they'll make up the insurance valuation to the invoice amount ( insurance valuation current £4200 - invoice £6500 - finance settlement £5020) so we get the difference direct.

Just waiting for the various companies to argue valuation between themselves now
                        while we hunt for a new car Xx

Click image for larger version  Name:	21B896AB-F821-4A3A-8794-640918D12D68.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	1501096
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

That is good at least, but I still feel something is wrong with the industry, you were in no way responsible for any accident, you should not at the end of it be any worse off than you were before it. To me they should either repair the car back to it's former glory, hand you a wad of cash for you to be able to go out & get the exact same car, or delivery a car to you of the exact of better specification.

Whilst you still own the car which you do, if you want to keep that number plate, get it put on retention, once you sign over the V5C to them you've lost it.

Comment

Already done - it's on retention now and original plates back on car.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

This is dragging a bit ...

so Insurance offer of £4200

Settlement of finance £5020

Gap insurance valuation ( glasses ) £4750

Invoice amount £6500

soooo... gone back to insurance to see if they'll lift it a bit... sounds like they may lift to £4500

They pay that sum to finance company direct
                              leaves a balance of £520

Gap insurance will pay us to invoice from their valuation - so £1750 - out of which we pay settlement balance of £520 and an excess of £250 back to Gap ( then claim it back off other parties insurance )

leaves us with no car and £980 in pocket .... I think

Should know early next week then we have 7 days to get finance, find car etc before hire car has to go back.

Great timing!!

But GAP insurance rules !
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Was the Gap insurance a one-off payment or a continual payment? Did I get it right that you originally paid £6500 for the car, or was that £6500 on finance? if finance does that not mean you effectively have lost whatever deposit you paid?

Sorry I've never used Gap insurance, but don't buy cars on finance, don't spend that much on them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X