• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT with Black Horse Limited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT with Black Horse Limited

Hi All,

Im in the process of a VT ( Jaguar Finance/ Black Horse) I have a 4 Year PCP with only 9 months left , I've paid over 50% and the car is below the mileage allowance and serviced 3 times at Jaguar no issues with the car. so far they have responded with the usual VT pack asking me to take the car to an auction site or pay for collection at £75, I've sent out a second letter giving them a further 14 days to collect, after which I will have to send out the 3rd letter ? with notice to sell goods.

At what point can I stop making payments or do I need to sell the car 1st assuming they don't come to collect it. Has anyone gone through and actually sold a car using the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act
    1977 ? Many Thanks.

Tags: None

Once you've written to VT then that is when payments stop.

Have you tried phoning, there is no signature on a phone call !

Comment

Yes I called them the twice 1st time they said they going to post me a VT pack. 2nd time they said they received my VT letter ( template used from this website). They said I have no liability but they need SECTION A signed of the VT pack before they can arrange collection.

They gave me an email address to sign and scan in section A they have waived the collection fee. But section A states I agree to additional liability if I have not taken care of the goods.

My car is still in showroom condition and 4000 miles below the millage limit allowed and I have 3 Jag dealer services printed out, so not sure what to do ? do I sign section A back and send it which I'm reluctant to do. In the mean time the VT situation drags on.

Comment

There was a post on here a couple of days ago where the poster eventually got the finance company to agree that you do not legally have to sign their paperwork it's just the companies policy, but I'll be jiggered if I can find it now.
        Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
          There was a post on here a couple of days ago where the poster eventually got the finance company to agree that you do not legally have to sign their paperwork it's just the companies policy, but I'll be jiggered if I can find it now.
          Possibly this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Huxie View Post

Possibly this one?
            That's the puppy
            Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

One month has now passed and after several letters and calls the company still has not contacted me to collect the car, they definitely dragging their heels, on this collection this is my 1st VT.

From my last call I had with them, they asked me to scan the documents and email to their complaints department @ lbgassetfinanace. during the process, they told me I will receive letters stating I owe them money or I'm in arrears but to ignore them until the car is sold in the auction , even though I have no liability what a joke.

My concern is can I legally stop making payments on the car now? , Shall I cancel my direct debit I am worried they will mess up my credit file but putting on late payments or missed payments then I won't be able to get another PCP again or do I need to wait till the car is collected? before canceling. Cancelling the DD may get their attention at least.

Comment

why would you still be paying the DD - you have written to cancel and that date is the date it stops.

There's not much to press them into action if you keep paying!

Comment

Ok thanks I have cancelled the DD hopefully that will press them to act.

Comment

I made an official complaint on how long it's taking, a few weeks ago, Jaguar finance called me and apologised for the delay and distress they offered me £25 compensation which I refused, I just asked them to collect the car which they said they will do in the next few days.

Comment

finally got a call from BCA to collect the car on Monday !

Comment

Keep us updated with anything following the inspection or if it just goes smoothly.

I sent my letter to RCI saying i wasn't for paying them £156 when the damage wasn't damage and the mileage was low. No reply needless to say as yet.

Comment

The car was collected today The inspection collection only noted 3 scuffs on 3 alloys no bodywork damage or scratches I took plenty of pictures using the time stamp app inside and outside logbook and manual and locking nut etc.

Comment

I also received a letter of apology and reminder that I can still claim £25 compensation which I have now done. So in total it's taken 2 calendar months from the time I posted my termination letter on Jan 12th. I've also ordered another Jag the credit search went through no issues. They told me they don't close the file until the car is sold by BCA so I probably have to wait to see what happens if they add charges further down the line.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X