• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Voluntary Termination With Barclays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Voluntary Termination With Barclays

Hi,
    I want to VT my car but I really need some advice as it is the first time I am doing this.

I got the car from CarGiant but the loan is with Barclays. I have rung them up and they said that I am eligible for a voluntary termination. After reading many posts on here, I am slightly worried it as seems typical that after a few weeks/months, people have received letters asking for more charges to be paid, for example, the damage on the car is worse than they initially thought so they are asking for more money. Or that the car sold on auction much lower than anticipated so they need to pay the difference. I also saw an example where there was internal damage which they didn't notice which the owner had no idea about either so they sent an invoice for charges which must be paid.

I am really worried because, if I have a fault and I did not know about it, can they really ask for this money after a few weeks? Can they even ask for any money after they did an evaluation in front of me and I paid for any damage that they will say I have? I have a dent on the passenger side which they will obviously quote me for, but if then a week later they find out I had a cracked pipe or let's say, some damage with the engine, can they send me an invoice for that as they didn't notice it before? Surely then they can say they didn't notice another scratch I had, but it was their own doing.
    And do I really need to pay the difference in the auction price? I'm not sure what type of agreement I have. I have a 5 year deal with fixed monthly instalments and at the end the car is mine. I'm assuming this is a HP?
    The lady from Barclays said I will not need to pay anything, but these posts in this forum have got me feeling rather sceptical about what she said...

Thank you very much
    Tags: None

The only extra damage would be something obvious like a broken floor pan as the visual cannot get underneath - and even then they'd have to prove you did it, rather than some poor design or worn fastener etc. Hole in exhaust for example is W&T (unless you damaged it over some rock).

'internal dmaage' - say to the engine - not sure how they say that was down to you if it was serviced properly.

And poor sale at auction is not down to you at all.

50% of the total financed sum is your liability upon VT.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X