• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking invoice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking invoice

Hi all im new.
    I need advice, a few weeks ago i recieved a DRC letter of £160 parking notice. I was confused so put in the code and saw the pic of my car entering a back street and leaving 7min later. (I never parked i waited to pick up my husband) back in october. So i appealed to smart parking stating its mearly a pic of my car going in and leaving 7min later. I havnt parked. I stated i recieved no letter from you. So its been around 6 weeks now and i get rejected appeal. Via email and a Ring the debt collectors.
    I recieved another letter scaring me about court from the debt collectors. I dont know what to do when i waited in the backstreet land there never used to be signs i checked recently and now theres loads because a gym now owns it.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking invoice

Don't worry about the debt collectors they can;t do anything. So the alleged debt is from SMART and you have received nothing from Smart? If you have post up the Notice to Keeper, redacting identifying information but leaving in dates.

Has the driver been identified? Yes or No only answer

Comment

We were in a middle of a move so they sent the first notice to our old address. We appealed once we gor the debt letter.
      On the picture you cant see the driver. I was in and out in 7min
      Thanks

Comment

Will add smart parking are now dismiasing me and telling me to deal with the DRC

Comment

Edit all your posts so the identity of the driver is not inferred.

Smart are members of the BPA and the Code of Practise states that they must allow a minimum grace period of 10 minutes before enforcing parking.

If you show that you are going to give them trouble then they seem to back off

If they know the identity of the driver it makes it easy for them. Having to chase the keeper makes it more difficult. Do not identify the driver !

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            Edit all your posts so the identity of the driver is not inferred.

Smart are members of the BPA and the Code of Practise states that they must allow a minimum grace period of 10 minutes before enforcing parking.

If you show that you are going to give them trouble then they seem to back off

If they know the identity of the driver it makes it easy for them. Having to chase the keeper makes it more difficult. Do not identify the driver !
            Yeah we only messaged saying theres proof of my car going in and coming out 10mins later. I never recieved your first letter. Then said this fine id like appealed. They wont speak to me now just keeps sending the DRC phone number. They dont want to deal with us

- - - Updated - - -

7minutes later*** sorry.

Comment

Here's the grace period in the BPA"rule book"

B6.2 If you provide parking facilities to the general public fora fee, your system must allow drivers who have not paidthe fee to leave a site within 10 minutes of entering,without having their vehicle registration mark processedfor a parking charge.

And the other bit

14.6 If you receive a challenge or appeal about the issue of aparking charge, you must stop work on processing thecharge immediately until you have answered the challenge.You must acknowledge or reply to the challenge within 14days of receiving it. If you only acknowledged the challenge orappeal you must accept or reject the challenge or appeal inwriting within 35 days of receiving it. We may require you todemonstrate that you are keeping to these targets.

Comment

just keeps sending the DRC phone number
                DRP?

Do not phone them or reply to their phone calls.
                If it is necessary to communicate, only do so in writing (Email or land mail with proof of postage).
                These bozos will say anything to gouge money out of you.
                Make them commit to written, & therefore provable, wording.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

There was no machine to pay for parking

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X