• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council say i did not reply to single persons occupancy confirmation, but i did.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council say i did not reply to single persons occupancy confirmation, but i did.

They sent me a bill for £790 i was furious about this as i had replied to the letter online. The language in the letter was pretty obnoxious so was miffed that i had followed their instructions., tbh i was very stressed & angry. I got out of work early on friday to sort out. I rang the number on the letter. I thought it was the council but they asked me over the phone what council i was with i then i realised it was not them & expedia. TB I was about to have a go but the girl asked my what my situation was, i told her i was still single occ. she said she would put me back to single discount. i asked her if my £800 was cleared & she said yes my single occs was reset. I again confirmed that i didn't have to worry about the £800 & she said no i had been put back to single occs. A week later i have an annual bill of installment for 2015/2016. This is £170 per month its normally 113. I think what they are trying to say is i still owe them 2 year @ 25% of my council tax. This is disgusting. I feel this is criminal. I want to know my legal rights.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X