• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

So nothing from tenant, I say tenant as I now believe new partner has now left ...today I can start the bailiff action application .

I did have a message from a housing charity asking me to contact them but I think that is probably a request to delay eviction .

Comment

Just having a brief look online it appears the warrant for possession service wont be available on the PCOL website until the day after the court possession date .

Is this correct as some info say it will be available when someone at the court decides to make it available . Will it be better to wait until tomorrow or print the form out and send with a cheque (if I can find my cheque book!!)

Comment

you can chase them up but an not quite sure, will sak and get beck to you later
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

reliability at it's best... what will you do CC when this is over :-) ??

Comment

Originally posted by bb41 View Post
            it appears the warrant for possession service wont be available on the PCOL website until the day after the court possession date .
            Maybe this is because some Tenants leave on the date ordered by the court. You have possession of the property from tomorrow (if that's the date on the possession order).

Originally posted by bb41 View Post
            I did have a message from a housing charity asking me to contact them but I think that is probably a request to delay eviction .
            Why not return that call to the housing charity in case it's to advise you that the Tenant has been found alternative accommodation and simply wants to agree a mutually convenient moving date.

Or they may need further proof from you that there is a possession order etc. before they can re-house her/them.

It may be something else but there's no harm in speaking to them - you're not obliged to agree to anything.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
              Maybe this is because some Tenants leave on the date ordered by the court. You have possession of the property from tomorrow (if that's the date on the possession order).

Why not return that call to the housing charity in case it's to advise you that the Tenant has been found alternative accommodation and simply wants to agree a mutually convenient moving date.

Or they may need further proof from you that there is a possession order etc. before they can re-house her/them.

It may be something else but there's no harm in speaking to them - you're not obliged to agree to anything.

Di
              I am pretty sure they know the possession order is in place as tenant was informed via post by the court...

you could be right about a moving date but ideally I'd prefer an email to confirm in writing as after all this I need everything in black and white. ... maybe it's the pessimist in me but I'd bet my last pound it will be to try and negotiate a further stay of bailiffs ... of that there is Bob Hope and No hope..... but I do have a soft side which is how I let this mess go on for so long and I'd rather not be cornered

Comment

So went on the PCOL site today and now there is an option to issue a warrant for possession, it seems it comes on automatically a day after the eviction date and very easy to apply on line

Comment

woth contact them see whats going on, you might not need to spend more.

Commonly, if they havent gone, the council will re-house them asap.

reliability at it's best... what will you do CC when this is over :-) ??
                  I have kids, and grandkids .. its never over .. lol
                  crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Yes with Xmas having grand kids is always a challenge !!!

Comment

Hi everyone, just checked with the PCOL and have noticed this notice been added :
                      Interim Return On Warrant

Could you kind people tell me what this means please

Comment

I believe that means the enforcement officers have been able to contact the debtors... I'll check

Have you been to the property - have they moved out already maybe? Worth giving court a call to see what's happening maybe?
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst, Tenant is still at the property ...I'm having a melt down at the minute ... tried to find out on Internet and nothing clear.

Comment

Nope, it's a tad opaque isn't it ... having a search about it seems to be feedback after the first visit and you should get a copy sent to you. Seens ome people saying the return was the bailiff saying they'd levied and would return to the property on x date, and others saying the bailiff couldn't contact the debtors etc - neither of which seems relevant to your case .... Can you call the PCOL helpline ( though that might only be technical stuff on PCOL - 0300 123 1057 ) or your issuing court ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks Amethyst it's a bit confusing... I'll give PCOL a call now and let you know

Comment

On the positive side it is an Interim return not a Final return
                                The warrant will be sent to the defendant’s local court for enforcement and the local court should provide you with updates (called “warrant returns”) on the progress. If the warrant cannot be enforced, or if the warrant is paid, you will be sent a “final return” advising that enforcement has concluded and the reasons why
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X