• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

Yes it was the "return" wording that has bothered me

Comment

Originally posted by bb41 View Post
      i was sat by the reception desk and my heart sank when a call came through from tenant to say that their child was ill and they couldn’t make it

. . . . Outright possession order with 28 days notice

Is it possible that the Tenants have made an Application to delay the eviction? The Order granted you possession in 28 days but the maximum a court will allow is 6 weeks (42 days) so the Tenant could apply for a further 14 days' extension.

Or have the Tenants made an Application to set-aside or suspend the Possession Order since they were unable to attend court on the day of the Hearing?

Maybe this was the reason the charity was calling you last week perhaps to agree/consent a date in preference to making an Application which may require a Hearing?

Call the court to check the status. See if there are any Applications in the pipeline.

Di
      Last edited by Diana M; 21st November 2017, 13:08:PM.

Comment

Nothing on the PCOL about setting aside the possession order and due to the high rent arrears and no defence put in before during or after then I would think this would be granted .

I'm trying to contact the court but it must be lunchtime.... it does appear to have something to do with the warrant from what I can figure out

Comment

So just spoke to a very unhelpful person at the court, but he seems to think it's that the court has tried to contact the tenant regarding the bailiff and they have not been able to make contact.

Tried bailiff office again but no ones in... as soon as I have a definitive answer then I shall report back

Comment

Hi, i think its just part of the baillif process at the mo. they will let you know.

Sometimes, the following happens.

Tenant waits to be evicted ( or council tell them to wait ), first paperwrok from baillif gives them a date, the council then act to re-house them. Am not saying that happening her, but it may be. will have a proper look later
            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

CC it's so hard trying to find anything out by calling... they certainly aren't a helpful bunch at the court !!!

Comment

Just had a look at my PCOL again and this "Interim Return On Warrant Free Text" has been issued by the court yesterday and my warrant of possession has now been cited today .....all very strange

Comment

At least you know SOMETHING is happening - so that's got to be good one way or the other Most people that have mentioned it on forums that I can see have had a letter from the court so you'll probably get something in coming days xx Frustrating as hell !
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes Amethyst, this last bit is even more stressful, I lurch from feeling slightly more confident and then thrown back into sky high stress levels.

It's not helping that I have 4 potential buyers lined up and agents can't get hold of them to confirm appts... even after eviction I still have to sell to clear the debt.

I might campaign after this to get arrears possessions a far quicker outcome as financially this is just has hard.

Could well do without Xmas this year !!

Comment

Thought I'd just give you all a catch up, the statement on the PCOL has still not been made clear and still exists on the claim history.

However today a copy of the appt for the bailiff visit has been confirmed for December 12th at 11.15.

I can't help thinking that there are no winners in any of this and behind the number crunching there are peoples lives for whatever reason have become un stuck , mine included.

The councils that are there to support and help vulnerable people deem to make the whole situation worse for everyone involved in their advice of staying put.

They make renting to HB tenants increasingly negative and when anti social behaviour or rent arrears occur they are of no help in mediation. I can't help thinking that advising my tenant to stay put until the last possible moment when a baby is involved and eviction days before xmas can only be classed as ill thought out at best

As much as I am relieved that an end is insight I can't also help feeling sad at what will become of the tenant especially after such a long time living in my house

Comment

hi

The councils that are there to support and help vulnerable people deem to make the whole situation worse for everyone involved in their advice of staying put.

They make renting to HB tenants increasingly negative and when anti social behaviour or rent arrears occur they are of no help in mediation. I can't help thinking that advising my tenant to stay put until the last possible moment when a baby is involved and eviction days before xmas can only be classed as ill thought out at best
                        i agree 100% on this, it sometimes feels like there a reality devide between people in public serivces and those who manage themselves.
                        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

CC the law is an arse, not only for people like me who has lost a small fortune but also for the tenant who are caught in a no win situation... This will never sit well with me and will never touch HB again

Comment

Notice of appointment with bailiff has arrived, and I have a problem . It states I have to be there at the time. This is going to be extremely difficult as I live nearly 80 miles away but my husband might be working close by that day... can I advise them that he can be in attendance ?.

The council make this as difficult as possible if the tenants aren't going to be re-homed until eviction day , also my emotional resolve is failing fast especially as a young baby is involved .

Comment

Bless you, after all the crap they've cause you're still looking out for them xxx They really should have seen how lucky they were to have such a good landlord.

The property is owned by you and your hubby isn't it, so I'd check with the bailiff that he can attend in your place - I believe it is so the owners of the property can take possession immediately and secure the property ( are you planning on changing the locks - might be an idea?)

The advice to tenants from Shelter gives an decent over view of the process - https://england.shelter.org.uk/housi..._evict_tenants
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Until they are evicted officially the Council will not provide accommodation rightly or wrongly stops some working the system I suppose but its there at the moment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X