• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mtg application after cleared charging order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mtg application after cleared charging order

Hello, I'm new on here but have found the forum really helpful. I have a restriction on my house - not yet a full charging order - from nationwide credit card of 5400. My nana died recently and whilst there wasn't much money left after care home fees, my dad has 2000 left, which he is willing to make an offer to pay off the debt to nationwide. My ex husband left me and the kids in a financial hole, he'd cleared joint accounts, even the kids accounts and went to live in Spain, the credit card was in my name, but he'd bullied me into putting house purchase fees onto it. I'd like to be rid of anything to do with him and the restriction feels like a millstone. Has anyone had success in making a lower offer?
    • I dont intend to ever sell the house
    • my children are 13 and 9 and are established at school and I wouldn't want to disrupt their stability by moving
    • i can't remortgage because of the restriction
    • ex husband is still on the deeds - legal action on going (costing a fortune)

Thanks if anyone has any idea of successes - a few posts ask for advice, but there doesn't seem to be many results
    Tags: None

Re: Offer to pay off charging order Nationwide

Hi

Who is the charging order (restriction) in favour of? and are you making any installment payments towards the debt?

You can write to the chargee setting out your offer on the basis of a full and final settlement and removal of the restriction from your property. If they accept you should get a consent order drawn up and signed by both parties so that they cannot renege on acceptance before making payment. You should state that this is money from a third party and your own circumstances have not changed.

How long has the restriction been on the property?

Sharon
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Nationwide charging order

Hello, I have a £5000 debt which had been made into a charging order about 8 years ago. I was refused a mtg recently and the broker told me that mtg companies were not happy about the charging order and suggested paying it off before applying for a mtg again. I made an offer, which they rejected at 2000 but have come bk with a settlement figure of 3570. My nana died this year and there was 4000 left after home fees were settled and my dad is willing to use thus to help me out. The debt is annoying as whilst it is in my name it was my ex husband who got the debt do high - he took control of the finances and has walked away scott free - lesson learned! Are there any template letters that you know about? Should I negotiate further? It's my poor old dad's money really thanks for any help

Comment

Re: Nationwide charging order

Just giving this a bump for you:bump2:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Ledmondson1 View Post
          Hello, I have a £5000 debt which had been made into a charging order about 8 years ago. I was refused a mtg recently and the broker told me that mtg companies were not happy about the charging order and suggested paying it off before applying for a mtg again. I made an offer, which they rejected at 2000 but have come bk with a settlement figure of 3570. My nana died this year and there was 4000 left after home fees were settled and my dad is willing to use thus to help me out. The debt is annoying as whilst it is in my name it was my ex husband who got the debt do high - he took control of the finances and has walked away scott free - lesson learned! Are there any template letters that you know about? Should I negotiate further? It's my poor old dad's money really thanks for any help
          The charging order on the property in 2008 is adequate security (against the property). It's unlikely they could force a sale of the property. What court action are they threatening you with?

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
            The charging order on the property in 2008 is adequate security (against the property). It's unlikely they could force a sale of the property. What court action are they threatening you with?
            openlaw.
            There is no mention of court action pending or current the OP want's to know about removing a charge against the property!!

I suggest at this stage making a counter offer of £2.75 to 3K.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              openlaw.
              There is no mention of court action pending or current the OP want's to know about removing a charge against the property!!

I suggest at this stage making a counter offer of £2.75 to 3K.

nem
              Thank you Nem, that's good advice.

Comment

Nationwide have stated in their offer letter that 'the offer will remain open until 20th may after which time they will withdraw it unconditionally without further reference and the full balance will be due' do you think negotiation is still a possibility or should I just send dad's cheque and be content? Thanks for you help on this- it's a lot of money to us

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u75XQdTxZRc
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Mtg application after cleared charging order

Hello, can anyone advise please?

I have a charging order of £5000 on my house I have tried to re mortgage and my broker had told me that the companies that she approached could see my charging order even though it is 8 yrs old.

She advised that I try to pay it off and this would help for future mortgage applications and even suggested a loan. The charging order was taken through court and is a ccj.

I have approached the debtor and they will settle for a lesser amount (not a big discount but some) and will mark as a partial settlement. I have read threads on here that say the charging order shouldn't be visible as it is over 6 yrs old.

I'm very confused and don't want to throw my dad's money (dad is paying the settlement) at something that won't make any difference-,which is what seems to be the gist on this forum.

I eventually want to get a mortgage on my own - my ex husband was abusive and I'd like a clear life - the debt was run up by him in my name -

if anyone can give me some advice it'd help, my dad has made out the cheque but it's the last few thousand from my nana's will and I'd hate it to be wasted - I do pay off money monthly on the debt

Comment

Re: Mtg application after cleared charging order

Make sure they will mark as a partial settlement AND remove the charging order from the property. Get agreement in writing from them before payment.

The Charging Order will be visible on the property info until it is removed - you can check on landregistry.gov.uk what shows on your property - will cost you a couple of quid.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Mtg application after cleared charging order

You already have a thread on this matter, it's easier/best to keep to one thread.

I will ask for the threads to be merged.

Good morning [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] can you merge the two threads please?

nemxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X