• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nemeneke - Reposession Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemeneke - Reposession Claim

I really need some advice ASAP.

My Landlord made a repossession order against me last Christmas. The hearing date was initially scheduled for the 9th of May 2016. He obviously wasn't pleased about this and put in a request for the court hearing to be moved forward .The hearing is now scheduled to take place on the 14th of march 2016.
    I have been suffering from depression for the last 2 years and my doctor has issued me with a medical certificate stating i will be unfit to attend the hearing due to my current medical condition.
    I have used form N244 and have provided the medical certificate to the court asking for the hearing to be adjourned .
    I received a letter from the court stating that a hearing for the adjournment of the case will now take place on the 14th of march instead of a repossession hearing.
    Would it be wise for me to attend this hearing as the judge might decide I am fit for a repossession hearing. All I want it to push the hearing back for another month or so .
    what should I do?
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent help needed on procedure for small claims

Originally posted by Nemeneke View Post

My Landlord made a repossession order against me last Christmas. The hearing date was initially scheduled for the 9th of May 2016. He obviously wasn't pleased about this and put in a request for the court hearing to be moved forward .The hearing is now scheduled to take place on the 14th of march 2016.
    I have been suffering from depression for the last 2 years and my doctor has issued me with a medical certificate stating i will be unfit to attend the hearing due to my current medical condition.
    I have used form N244 and have provided the medical certificate to the court asking for the hearing to be adjourned .
    I received a letter from the court stating that a hearing for the adjournment of the case will now take place on the 14th of march instead of a repossession hearing.
    Would it be wise for me to attend this hearing as the judge might decide I am fit for a repossession hearing. All I want it to push the hearing back for another month or so .
    what should I do?
    Hi Nemeneke & welcome to LB

I'll give [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] a nudge to see if she would give you your very own thread (Pretty please, Kati?)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Urgent help needed on procedure for small claims

Originally posted by Nemeneke View Post

what should I do?
      Good morning Nemeneke.

I would certainly advise you to attend the hearing, such hearings take place in the judges chambers not in an open court.

It would be you the claimant / or their representative and the judge.
      Make yourself a bullet pointed list of what you want the judge to do and why so you can be more confident of getting your case over.

Do you have a friend or relative who could go with you for support?

Is the problem rent arrears? If so can you make a reasonable offer to pay off the arrears.

nem

Comment

Re: Nemeneke - Reposession Claim

hi

what was on the notice to quit from the Landlord
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X