• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Offer to pay off charging order Nationwide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer to pay off charging order Nationwide

Hello, I'm new on here but have found the forum really helpful. I have a restriction on my house - not yet a full charging order - from nationwide credit card of 5400. My nana died recently and whilst there wasn't much money left after care home fees, my dad has 2000 left, which he is willing to make an offer to pay off the debt to nationwide. My ex husband left me and the kids in a financial hole, he'd cleared joint accounts, even the kids accounts and went to live in Spain, the credit card was in my name, but he'd bullied me into putting house purchase fees onto it. I'd like to be rid of anything to do with him and the restriction feels like a millstone. Has anyone had success in making a lower offer?
    • I dont intend to ever sell the house
    • my children are 13 and 9 and are established at school and I wouldn't want to disrupt their stability by moving
    • i can't remortgage because of the restriction
    • ex husband is still on the deeds - legal action on going (costing a fortune)

Thanks if anyone has any idea of successes - a few posts ask for advice, but there doesn't seem to be many results
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X