• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rooftop Mortgages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooftop Mortgages

Heard on the grapevine that Rooftop Mortgages shut its doors in October 2004 ( i had my mortgages in 2006) I can see that there is a public notice placed on the FSA website that it cannot keep client monies. Does that mean my mortgage is owned by someone else and I havent been told? Does this mean that the mortgages I have are illegal? How can I find out who owns my mortgages and should I still be paying my monies to Roof T? If anyone can shed some light it would be grateful.
    Tags: None

Re: Rooftop Mortgages

Tuttsi has this thread on Rooftop http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ftop+mortgages
    she will also help you any way she can on this matter I am sure.

Comment

Yes it is probably owned by Farringdon Mortgages No1 PLC or Farringdon No2 PLC, there might be one other company but I cannot remember the bulk of the mortgages were sold to these two companies.

The interesting thing is that the ownership of the house at Land Registry is still in Rooftops name.

The accounts show that they do not have any overheads whatsoever, they share a building in Ipswich with Crown Management who I suspect have a dedicated phone lines for Rooftop Mortgages and since nothing shows on the accounts this is weird.

Best to have a good look on my link that Enaid gave you and you will find the links to the spreadsheets with everyones mortgages from Farringdon 1& 2 kindly supplied by Lord Lucan.

Let me know if I can help any further and certainly let me know if you find your property on the two lists that have been posted up on my thread. The spreadsheets are very wide so best maybe search by area and type of property then go accross to see if the amount you borrowed matches etc. You will know when you find your entry we certainly found ours on Farringdon No1.

When you have read this years entries on my thread from where Lord Lucan appeared you will see all the information about the shady deals and the vast amount of repossessions going on as the quicker they liquidate the quicker they get their money back and the equity anyone has in their property is gone for ever.

Comment

Hi. I am hoping someone can help. I arrived home tonight to be informed by my sister in law that she received a phone call this morning from Rooftop advising her that she was being evicted at 12pm today. Living with her are her elderly and disabled parents. She was informed to call the courts to see if this could be stopped. The court informed her that the only reason this has not gone ahead today was because the baliff was sick. It is now penciled in for Thurs at 12pm. She has received no letters what so ever from Rooftop and a phone call 1 hour before is no notice!!! I have asked her to show me all paperwork she has from them and this amounts to around 4 letters. There are two statements that show 1 month and two asking about house insurance. On questioning her further regarding so called arrears it goes back to 3 months she was out of work, which she informed them of. This was then recalculated and she is paying extra money a month of she believed was clearing it. She has informed me tonight that it is apparently £14,000 and they have been adding £50 a day of interest onto the outstanding amount. How can any company let a debt build up like this and not inform you? How can they ring on the morning they are evicting without any notice? Is there any way we can stop this now and get it resolved without the eviction? There isn't much time as this is supposed to be going ahead Thurs 29/11/12 and as you can see it is now 7.40pm on 27/11. Any help would be much appreciated. Tks Nicki

Comment

Hi

The sums just don't justify anything

How can anyone be charged £50 a day interest---that is a PENALTY £50 a day

Have you got the actual detail re this account Nickip?

Comment

This is what she has told me. What details are you after? There is nothing in writing at all just what has been said over the phone.
            Nicki

Comment

Has a suspended possession order been granted previously re this mortgage ?

Comment

What is one of those? Today is the first time she has heard of anything at all from them. There has been nothing before as far as I know. She had the phone call at work on her mobile informing her she would be evicted today.

Comment

Thet cannot evict them unless they have already taken them to court and have an eviction order to do so. May I suggest that they urgently go to a Solicitor tomorrow morning as this does not sound right to me.

Also, the charges can be challenged as they are horrendous.

Please let me know what happens?

Originally posted by nickip3 View Post
                  Hi. I am hoping someone can help. I arrived home tonight to be informed by my sister in law that she received a phone call this morning from Rooftop advising her that she was being evicted at 12pm today. Living with her are her elderly and disabled parents. She was informed to call the courts to see if this could be stopped. The court informed her that the only reason this has not gone ahead today was because the baliff was sick. It is now penciled in for Thurs at 12pm. She has received no letters what so ever from Rooftop and a phone call 1 hour before is no notice!!! I have asked her to show me all paperwork she has from them and this amounts to around 4 letters. There are two statements that show 1 month and two asking about house insurance. On questioning her further regarding so called arrears it goes back to 3 months she was out of work, which she informed them of. This was then recalculated and she is paying extra money a month of she believed was clearing it. She has informed me tonight that it is apparently £14,000 and they have been adding £50 a day of interest onto the outstanding amount. How can any company let a debt build up like this and not inform you? How can they ring on the morning they are evicting without any notice? Is there any way we can stop this now and get it resolved without the eviction? There isn't much time as this is supposed to be going ahead Thurs 29/11/12 and as you can see it is now 7.40pm on 27/11. Any help would be much appreciated. Tks Nicki

Comment

If a Possession Order has already been granted and has been suspended on terms, eg to pay off arrears at an agreed rate, and those terms have not been kept, the repossession can be enforced without going back to court.

They have to have the chance to go to court before losing their home.

Shelter have a 24/7 helpline which they could call tonight. There is also a lot of useful information on Shelter's website.

Comment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
                      If a Possession Order has already been granted and has been suspended on terms, eg to pay off arrears at an agreed rate, and those terms have not been kept, the repossession can be enforced without going back to court.

Shelter have a 24/7 helpline which they could call tonight. There is also a lot of useful information on Shelter's website.
                      This is what I dont understand as they have not had anything before. There is an appointment booked with the council tomorrow and I believe there will be a solicitor present. I am going with her as I want to hear what is said. I will keep you informed.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for all the advice given last night. I have now been informed of all the extra info that wasn't supplied to me last night. Apparently a possession order had been issued before and she told us nothing of this. The situation as it stands now is we are in court tomorrow morning to appeal. Our local council are offering a mortgage rescue and we are hoping that the courts will take them up on the offer. I am sorry as I feel that I gave you false info but she did not provide this to me last night. Its only been provided as she had no choice as I invited myself to her meeting this morning. She thought she could deal with this on her own. I will update you tomorrow as to how far we got. I apologise again and just hope that the courts are feeling generous.

Comment

Please don't feel guildty about misleading us, it was not your fault.

We will keep our fingers crossed that the council will be able to rescue the situation and allow your family to remain in the property. Please will you let us know what happens tomorrow.

Originally posted by nickip3 View Post
                          Hi

Thanks for all the advice given last night. I have now been informed of all the extra info that wasn't supplied to me last night. Apparently a possession order had been issued before and she told us nothing of this. The situation as it stands now is we are in court tomorrow morning to appeal. Our local council are offering a mortgage rescue and we are hoping that the courts will take them up on the offer. I am sorry as I feel that I gave you false info but she did not provide this to me last night. Its only been provided as she had no choice as I invited myself to her meeting this morning. She thought she could deal with this on her own. I will update you tomorrow as to how far we got. I apologise again and just hope that the courts are feeling generous.

Comment

I thought that if they had a suspended possession order they had to go back to court to apply for an eviction order before they can take possession of your property. Make an application at the court to suspend the possession on the grounds of insufficient notice of eviction. If the payments have been recalculated and she is paying extra money a month then that means the arrears are being managed and they should not be adding fees or attempting to repossess.

This is disgraceful behaviour by Rooftop.

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post

Comment

Everybody with a mortgage, or that had a mortgage, with Rooftop, needs to do a SAR and obtain all their paperwork as soon as possible.

It seems to me that Rooftop have got something to hide in the original issuing of the mortgages and are trying to repossess, or get rid of customers by reducing their redemptions, so that any wrongdoing can be hidden away before anybody looks too closely at Rooftops mortgage book.

Question every aspect of your mortgage with Rooftop and see them squirm when you ask too many questions and then see how they try to intimidate you into doing as they say or face repo.

Maybe its time to start investigating the current and former directors of these sub prime lenders. Maybe they just dished out mortgages left right and center to anyone and everyone so they could then sell the mortgages on to another lender for a massive profit to themselves but before any fraud on their part is discovered.

Keep digging, the truth will come out eventually!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X