• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Repossessed Property undersold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repossessed Property undersold

Can you please advise us what to do next.

We had a property repossessed in Dec 2008. We had left the country as my husband lost his job but managed to find some employment in France we had told the building society the situation and gave up the property to be repossessed, as we were falling further and further behind with the payments. We were told via the telephone that the property was for sale £269,950 non negotialble, so we knew it would cover the cost of the mortgage. The house was put up for sale on 19th Feb 2009. On 24th Feb 2009 we told the building society of someone that was interested in buying the property at that price.( We have proof of this in from the building society) They gave us the details of the agent too, which we relayed to the interested party, the interested party contacted the agent by email - the email was never acted on or read. (Again we have an proof of that the internet enquiry was not read by the agent)

The property was quickly reduced in price to £245000 the reason being given as that there was little interest ( 7 viewings and one offer in Feb in the height of a recession) The policy of the building society is I believe to reduce but only if there has been no interest.

In the building society valulation there are 8 properties listed of very similar specifications, some in the same street. Valued between £279950 -£350000. Ours also being marked in good condition.

They actually sold the house at £240000. There are lots of other discrepensies, such as telling us at first we owed £12000 to them then to change it a couple of months later to £24000. W

We also requested a SARN 6th Sept 2010 this finally arrived 31 Jan 2011 ( Well outside the legal requirement of 40 days)

They have also constantly sent our personal financial details to various unauthourised addresses rather than our home address despite us religiously updating new addresses, we even have a a copy of a letter where they refused to update our address as it was in France.

My problem is what do I do next?
    Tags: None

Re: Repossessed Property undersold

Do you have any material evidence of the non-negotiable figure the building society originally quoted to you? If you do I see no reason not to take them to court over this, but the cost may be difficult to cover. Maybe try a no-win no-fee (conditional fee) solicitor to take on your case or go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau - they're very helpful people who are there to help (also, unlike me, they will have had some training!)

Good luck

CT

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X