• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Buying off plan In Cape Verde

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying off plan In Cape Verde

I reserved a property in 2008 and have now been advised that my developer needs to raise extra funds to satisfy a hotel chain who will be managing the facility on the resort. To raise these funds the developer is introducing an extra floor and making the resort much larger than I anticipated.

I will be required to sign new appendixes to show the different location of my apartment. I have not been consulted re the change and have not agreed it.

Surely this is a breach of contract and I am entitled to a refund.

Re: Buying off plan In Cape Verde

It may be, but this will depend on the precise terms you agreed to when you entered into the contract. What did the contract state regarding what might constitute a breach and under which legal jurisdiction is the contract to be decided?

Comment

Re: Buying off plan In Cape Verde

Thank you so much for the response! The contract is in Portugese aVendornd English and I have signed a pre-promissiory contract with annexes attached and the contract states that these annexes for an integral part of the contract. It allows for modication of the unit but only under certain clauses

legal imposition to the unit or resort under construction

technical reasons within the limots of internationally acceptable standards

changes derived form the supply market which are not caused by the Promissory Vendor

and the clause related to annexes states:

Both parties declare that they understand and agree to abide by the following documents which form an integral part of the contract

Annex A - Plans for the Unit
      Annex B - Specification for the Unit
      Annex C - Reservation Agreement

Two of these annexes state 'First Floor'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X