• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

planning permission for drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planning permission for drive

Hello i hoping someone can give me the advise i need my neighbour is thinking of having there patio turned into a drive, the house is only a terraced the problem is if they have this done we will see the car from our back downstairs window it will be lets say right on top of our home we could also get car fumes coming through our kitchen window as our back door is only a few feet from there fence
    if they want a drive shouldnt they fence the area off,
    thanks
    Tags: None

This is only a guess. Parking a car on a drive reduces car insurance costs (compared to parking on the street). Therefore, a drive is a safety precaution against theft and vandalism. I can't see a basis for a valid complaint. I can't see the sight of a car constitutes a nuisance or unduly infringes on your right to enjoyment of your property. Be grateful it's not an artic.

Comment

Does your neighbour have a dropped kerb already in front of their property ? They will have to apply for permission to do that before they can use the front of their house as a driveway, and you can enter an objection to the application stating that a fence should be installed between the properties if that would resolve matters for you.

Have you discussed this with your neighbour at all ? They may well be perfectly happy to install a fence on the boundary line.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X