• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Serving a section 8 advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving a section 8 advice

Hi guys,

I am in a pickle, well not really, but I am about to be forced to evict a tennant for the first time and am confused.

My tennant is currently around 2000 pounds in debt, mostly due to a break up of mine and ex's relationship on bad terms, and her refusing to communicate to me property details etc.

Anyway, tennant has transfered payment from universal credit directly to me now, however for the 3 months since has not topped the payment up as they should have.

My question is, what part of the housing act 1988 do i cite in the section 8 as reason for eviction, obviously there is rent arrears but I can't find the specific section. Also do I add property maintenance as a reason also?

Thanks for your time
    Tags: None

How is the tenant £2K in debt due to you and your Ex??

Comment

The grounds for recovery of possession in proceedings under section 8 of the Housing 1988 (as amended) are to be found in Schedule 2 to the Act.
      Note that not all of the Grounds are mandatory: the Court may grant a possession order. The other grounds are mandatory, and if the landlord establish that a mandatory ground is fulfilled, then the court must make an order.

Comment

Originally posted by L33 L00 View Post
        Hi guys,

I am in a pickle, well not really, but I am about to be forced to evict a tennant for the first time and am confused.

My tennant is currently around 2000 pounds in debt, mostly due to a break up of mine and ex's relationship on bad terms, and her refusing to communicate to me property details etc.

Anyway, tennant has transfered payment from universal credit directly to me now, however for the 3 months since has not topped the payment up as they should have.

My question is, what part of the housing act 1988 do i cite in the section 8 as reason for eviction, obviously there is rent arrears but I can't find the specific section. Also do I add property maintenance as a reason also?

Thanks for your time
        So he unpaid for a number of months, to a joint account I didn't have access to, and no paid for a few months to over the year or so we were sorting things out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X