• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor fees

Not sure if this is the correct place for this so apologies if it’s the wrong place.

I am in the process of trying to get planning permission on my land that is attached to my house which involves another land owner, we had an agreement written up that I took to a solicitor to check over for us, this was all fine and we paid the bill there and then. We happened to mention to the solicitor that if all goes ahead we will be paying the whole mortgage off with what we sell the land for but the house will be separate as it’s just the land with planning permission we will be selling, solicitor tells us we need to tell our mortgage provider our plans, we thought we would use this solicitor to deal with the matter if needed and called our mortgage provider to let them know our plans, this was all fine as obviously we will be paying the whole mortgage off, now it gets complicated as they wanted a valuation (again fine) we let the solicitor know and bank arranged this through solicitor.

Since then we have had many short emails from the solicitor, for instance some say we tried to call you, will try later. We also had emails asking what date we want to put the mortgage just in my husbands name!? This was totally incorrect. We got in touch and told them we only want to let the bank know we want to pay the mortgage off once we get a buyer but still they get the wrong end of the stick and are trying to tell mortgage we want to split the land and keep a mortgage! Anyway we had a bill from solicitor for £450 for emails and a few phone calls that they got wrong each time! I asked for a breakdown of the bill in which they have now whacked another £300 on top of the bill for doing s breakdown of bill!! So they are changing me £750 for something they still haven’t done correctly and £300 for absolutely nothing!

Sorry for long complicated post but does anyone know where I stand?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X