• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tenancy Enquiry - Change of Managing Agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenancy Enquiry - Change of Managing Agent

I currently rent a property as a tenant in Manchester, and I have been living there for 7 years.

The managing agent contacted me a month ago to inform me that management for the property was transferring to another agent, and that the new agent would be in touch shortly to finalise arrangements for paying my rent etc.

Since then, I have heard nothing from the new agent, despite calling them several times to ask who to pay my rent to, and to enquire about my deposit. I have also emailed them asking that they contact me to discuss arrangements for my rent (which account to pay it into etc), to no avail.

My deposit is currently protected under a scheme, and I have noticed that it recently became 'unprotected', and then 'protected' again shortly after, which I put down to the change of agent.

My rent is due on 1st May, and I still don't know who I'm supposed to be paying. I'm keen to get arrangements in place, but I have had no contact from the new agent.

I'm after some advice in terms of my rights as a tenant in this situation, and what steps I should take next.

Any help you can provide, would be much appreciated.

Tags: None

Hi

Make sure you speak to someone at the current agents before you pay into anopther account. Dont just rely on emails, they should have given the details by now, especial since your chasing them. The deposot thing is normal, the current agent relelses controll to the new one with the DPS.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Your contract is with your Landlord not the agent.

Do you have any contact details for him (they should be stated in your AST)? Unless there's been a change of Landlord too (I would check that).

If your deposit has been unprotected and reprotected the Prescribed Information should have been sent to you again even if it's the same Landlord.

I'm not aware of any formal Notice when a Landlord changes agent but this handover does seem to have been a bit casual.

You don't want to find yourself accused of rent arrears when it's not your fault, and you don't want to pay the wrong person either.

Contact your Landlord if you can.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X