• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Deed of postponement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deed of postponement

Brief story... Had a mortgage with ex, who wants out and so do I. We also had a secured debt which is now with a debt collector company whom also appear as second charge. He hasn't contributed to any and I have kept payments up to date. I am married now and wished to remove ex from mortgage (which he's happy with) and add my husband. I tried to first change the secured loan but they needed consent from a solicitor to confirm that ex wants out. Anyway, I decided to start with mortgage next and they will have the legal document that the secured loan people need to make changes. Luckily we have been accepted and waited for the offer letter to arrive. What I haven't considered is land registry. I rang the conveyancers and they asked me to sign a deed of postponement. Now, my concern is, can the second charge people stop our remortgage process?

The position I am in are, I can't lend any more than the balance otherwise I won't be accepted and although the solicitors know about the situation (hence signing the form), I haven't mentioned the secured loan to the mortgage lenders as I have honestly forgot. Can you help please?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X