• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Applying for planning incorporating someone else's land in the application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for planning incorporating someone else's land in the application

Sorry me again, not sure if I'm a problem magnate but they sure do follow me .

I have a house with a paddock at the rear. I can access my paddock not only from a gate from my house but the paddock has it's own access from the road . This access lane belongs to me and is part of my land .

A neighbour who's garden is adjacent to my paddock has put in an application for planning permission but has used my land as an access into the new development . I have just noticed it popped up in the council planning portal today.

This is the second time they have tried to do it, the first being in an application under the neighbourhood planning scheme. It failed as I pointed the access they had provided on the submitted plans belong to me and at no point do I want to sell my access. It is something I use on a regular basis to deliver animal feed to the barn ( I have a lot of farm rescue animals to feed)

How can I stop them from doing this.?.. I have today informed both parish and on the planning application portal and also contacted the architects as well, but not sure what else I can do.

The wife in particular crosses my land with her dogs most days and we have many problems as her dogs are not on leads. I have tried politely to ask her to go round the outside of her property to access a field where she walks her dogs but she won't, so after 18 months of being nice Mr BB has had enough and is blocking off the opening in my fence she made so she can cut across .

I have emailed both her and her husband that my lane is not for sale not now or in the future but it seems she doesn't listen.

I know she won't get permission if she doesn't have my lane as access to her development but I feel bullied at the min.

I'm planning on selling my house within 3-4 years and our estate agent friend said it would be financial suicide to lose the paddock access as it is the only vehicular access into the outbuildings

Is there any legal way I can stop her submitting plans using my land in her applications or do I just have to be vigilant..

Many thanks everyone
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X