• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BTL mortgage for home maker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTL mortgage for home maker

I am planning to buy a residential property which needs lot of work.
    My plan is to sell my current property which is in my name and with the equity from this property, I want to put mininum deposit and rest to be used for Home improvement.
    But I wanted to have more money for home improvement

My wife has a Rental flat in her name which gets her around 625£ pcm and it is mortgage free. She is currently a home maker.The property is worth around 115k. She does not have any residential property in her name.

My query is:
    1. Is it a good idea to apply a BTL mortgage for her rental property and use the mortgage amount for home improvment? Being a home maker , Will she able to get BTL mortgage? Is it possible to get 75% BTL mortgage if she applies on her own?
    OR
    2.Will it be better , If I include her as owner in our property and mortgage and use her rental income as additional income to inorder to get more mortgage amount from bank?

Please advise which option will be better?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X