• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Uninvoiced service charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninvoiced service charges

Hi all,

Looking for some advice please...I purchased a flat 15 years ago from my local Housing Association and to date I have never been invoiced for any service charges. Does anybody know how far back they can charge me?

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by fedora1998 View Post
    Hi all,

Looking for some advice please...I purchased a flat 15 years ago from my local Housing Association and to date I have never been invoiced for any service charges. Does anybody know how far back they can charge me?

Thanks.
    Sorry I can't answer your question but need to know myself too. Hopefully someone will be along soon to assist.

Comment

Hi and welcome
      I understand the law restricts retrospective billing for Service charge to an 18 month period, unless a notice informing Leaseholders of unbilled expenditure is sent within the same period.
      The relevant legal provision is Section 20B of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985

Comment

I can possibly answer both of your questions when I’m back in my office on Tuesday.

Do either of you face County Court of First Tier Tribunal proceedings to gauge the urgency?

Does this dispute relate to annual Service Charges or to Section 20 expenditure where the legal Notices or consultation may or may not have been carried out correctly?

Dotty50 it may make sense for you to start a separate thread for your service charge issues. Even though your problem may have common ground the legal nitty gritty may be different.

Di

Comment

I have noted your comment Di thank you.

I don't have all the information yet but will be in touch at some point.

I have sent you a PM on another site

Comment

Originally posted by dotty50 View Post
            I have noted your comment Di thank you.

I have sent you a PM on another site

oh I’ve just figured out who you are (I think )

I’m always happy to be approached by email if that helps anyone (my email is in my forum signature).

I’ll be in touch shortly Dotty

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X