• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No heating or hot water..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No heating or hot water..

Hello- first post so apologies if this is in the wrong thread or completely irrelevant but would like some advice on if what I've been told is correct.
    My family and I are in a housing association FLAGSHIP HOUSING and last night (Friday evening) our central heating and hot water packed up. I called them this morning and have been told it's not worthy of a emergency call out even though I've got a 2,3 and 7 year old.
    As far as they are concerned it's perfectly ok to leave us like this in freezing temperatures!? It's middle of winter with temperatures dropping below freezing at night.
    They said if any of my children suffered from a disability they'd come but otherwise only in emergencies they come out - emergencies being if a tree fell on the house (their words) and apparently if I notice a leak (which can sometimes happen) to just put buckets underneath and call back Monday to log the repair and someone will come out early week??
    ive called up a few times today and been told the same information. It's so freezing - I'm really sad that I pay so much rent a month and they don't count this a serious. Sorry the message was so long
    Tags: None

You shouldn’t experience loss of heating during the cold season for more than 24 hours. Anything more than two days can be interpreted as a hazard to the tenant’s health, especially where young children are concerned and therefore a serious breach in the tenancy agreement.
    Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, implies a term into your tenancy agreement, making the landlord responsible.
    Although it is the weekend a call to your council out of hours emergency number with a request they tell your HA what their responsibilities might get some movement.

tagging Crazy council

Comment

Hi

LL has up to 14 days to get a repair done when notifed, usualy with heating you supply a heater on the next working day. It takes time with gas to get a person there. Ringing up on friday evening, and expecting action by saturday is a bit much, and generaly, boiliers can not be fix over a weekend.
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X